Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374571 times)

Offline jeremybarker

• Here all the time
I'll stand to be corrected as i'm a complete noob at this but my logic is that heating the panel helps the paint stick, gives a flatter finish and heating the rattle can will speed up the speed of the paint coming out and give a more even finish onto the panel.

Making up for lost time

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
I'll stand to be corrected as i'm a complete noob at this but my logic is that heating the panel helps the paint stick, gives a flatter finish and heating the rattle can will speed up the speed of the paint coming out and give a more even finish onto the panel.

Nope, your right! I certainly found that when I was spraying bits and pieces on my car  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Yeh I know what u mean my misses doesn't like that my cars gettin love atm. And do what?
  Satin your whole car and leave the bonnet and it'll proper stand out!   :grin:

I really like the pictures of your car with the front bumper removed.

Out of interest when spraying your wings do you heat up the rattle can in hot water before using it?
Thanks.... I think it looks a little naked!!!   Yes, kept cans warm, they should be at least room temp... warmed up panels and the bodykit not so anything is hot but in this weather a little warm up just so they are not cold....made it much better
« Last Edit: 01 November 2010, 21:45 by SoundillusioN »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Its tempting I'll see what money turns up and see how much my mate will charge to spray if I got all the paint and such.
When I normally spray am in my heated shed so things are kept warm ne way. Cans r normally stood up in a bowl of water. You do learn some things on thus old forum.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Its tempting I'll see what money turns up and see how much my mate will charge to spray if I got all the paint and such.
When I normally spray am in my heated shed so things are kept warm ne way. Cans r normally stood up in a bowl of water. You do learn some things on thus old forum.

Here's another lesson then... don't spray an entire car with cans.... it's painful!   :laugh:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
:) y would you do that. Its got to b abit of a ballache. I have how ever (won't my car or idea) rollered nato green onto a corsa. Haha

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
:) y would you do that. Its got to b abit of a ballache. I have how ever (won't my car or idea) rollered nato green onto a corsa. Haha
Needs must!....... Ha ha,,, fair play.. roller painting!  :laugh:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
I spose and rollered is a good texture for a rat show car. Rattle caning a full car must of taken absolute ages. Did yours come with the bbs kit on from factory then mate

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
I spose and rollered is a good texture for a rat show car. Rattle caning a full car must of taken absolute ages. Did yours come with the bbs kit on from factory then mate
Bit of info

I may have stated early on in this thread that it was a factory fitted kit but I believe the kit was a dealer option and fitted shortly after being registered, it also lost it's orginal P slots at the time too (weren't of any real value then).. not long after that it went off to Richard Lloyd Racing with feck all miles on it for it's engine work.....

You boys want to hear something even more heart wrenching than the crap on page one of this thread... All paperwork for this has since gone!  :cry:

Offline jeremybarker

• Here all the time
I got massive finger ache just doing the RA's let alone whole panels.

Making up for lost time