Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374471 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Mahoosive Update Time)
« Reply #250 on: 10 September 2010, 18:04 »
looking good mate. MK1 wings are hard to find at the right price!

Glad you went for a genuine part. Pattern pannels can be spotted a mile off :laugh:
exactly!.... i decided from day one i was going to stick with dub panels, have a better bonnet too but thats red at the mo.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #251 on: 10 September 2010, 22:16 »
So i have struggled for ages to find the glass for my BOSCH Valance mounted fogs...units are rare as fook but work really well poking through the BBS kit.. I need to fix them becuase the kit was cut for them.

glass was cracked from the smash... been looking everywhere and everytime i find something similar, the numbers just dont match and they're slightly different!  After a year of looking a boxed pair of units that had been unopened for like 20 years turned up but I couldn't justify the price!

Would you adam and eve it!?

The same glass is used on the fogs for these!!!

Got one of the bay for £14 delivered

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #252 on: 10 September 2010, 22:27 »
 :laugh:

That's awesome re. fog lights.

Good job so far, keep it up at this pace and it'll MOT'd in no time. :cool:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #253 on: 10 September 2010, 23:59 »
:laugh:

That's awesome re. fog lights.

Good job so far, keep it up at this pace and it'll MOT'd in no time. :cool:
Cheers... lets hope so eh.  :smiley:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #254 on: 11 September 2010, 08:53 »
Wing looks to be in good condition and I agree genuine body parts are way better.Great work mate this is a lovely mk1 be good to see it at a show when its all done  :smiley:
Golf Gti

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #255 on: 11 September 2010, 16:49 »
Wing looks to be in good condition and I agree genuine body parts are way better.Great work mate this is a lovely mk1 be good to see it at a show when its all done  :smiley:
Cheers bud.... yeah i would love to take it to a show!!!! not quite show material yet though, bit of a way to go!  :grin:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #256 on: 11 September 2010, 18:04 »
Its a right b!tch when you work like this, You cant see the rest of the stuff behind the car and when it rains you have to cover the car and pack everything away FAST!  happened a few times this week!  (i bet Dan and his wagon know what thats like!)

Haha! tell me about it :D! haven't read this in a few weeks man as i've been pretty busy with the conversion but looks like you've made some awsome progress dude :) looking good ;)

Dan

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #257 on: 11 September 2010, 19:27 »
Its a right b!tch when you work like this, You cant see the rest of the stuff behind the car and when it rains you have to cover the car and pack everything away FAST!  happened a few times this week!  (i bet Dan and his wagon know what thats like!)

Haha! tell me about it :D! haven't read this in a few weeks man as i've been pretty busy with the conversion but looks like you've made some awsome progress dude :) looking good ;)

Dan
Cheers mate, i knew you would understand!.. but hey, we still get it done somehow!  Feel like i'm getting somewhere now.. just looking forward to the point where i can do fun non-essential stuff!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #258 on: 11 September 2010, 19:34 »
Boooo, sun was out all day and had other sh*t to do....  :sad:  Just managed to get an hour or so in so attacked the rear valance with Plan B.. I have a repair panel to replace the lot but since its only got a couple of holes in it and its still structurally sound, i rubbed it down, treated and filled the bad bits, 3 in total, keyed it and painted... it'll do for now.

Of course it had to rain just before the paint was properly dry!  May have to re-do it tomorrow!!  :angry:
« Last Edit: 12 September 2010, 02:28 by SoundillusioN »

Offline jmsheahan

• I live here
« Reply #259 on: 11 September 2010, 19:53 »
Good work mate  :smiley:

Can you not get yourself a cheap gazebo or something just to shield ya a little bit? Feel your pain though - I'm praying for good weather tomorrow  :lipsrsealed: