Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 376943 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Nice load of work you're doing mate, I love Mk1s
Cheers mate.... Me too  :laugh: feel like i'm getting somewhere now. got rained on 3 times today though!  :angry:

Offline adzgti3

• I live here
its getting better all the time. keep up the good work mate!!  :cool:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Your making me feel guilty for not getting on with mine :smiley: :cool:

I think its a bit low :wink: I see a dented front wing on the first mid corner bump on a back road.  :tongue: :grin: :wink:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Your making me feel guilty for not getting on with mine :smiley: :cool:

I think its a bit low :wink: I see a dented front wing on the first mid corner bump on a back road.  :tongue: :grin: :wink:
nooo dont say that!  :laugh: When she's on the road i'm going to be driving like miss daisy is in the back for a while to make sure all is well!... ha.. you've got no excuse, you've got a garage!... what have you got to do to yours!?
« Last Edit: 08 August 2010, 22:13 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Also last night i managed to trace my boot leak! was a broken lens where sombody had reveresed into the car when stored.  I had another set of OEMs to replace the ones i smoked.  put them on and all good.  Also after the rewire i had a disco on the same side, you know , when the indicators and lights are on, everything kinda does a dull flash together on that side! turned out to be a loose connection.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
its getting better all the time. keep up the good work mate!!  :cool:
Thanks.... Nearly all the big jobs done now.... not got long till my deadline!... on the road by 21st September!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Looks loads better on those rear lights

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Coilovers Fitted - Pics)
« Reply #187 on: 08 August 2010, 22:42 »
Looks loads better on those rear lights
Yeah i think so too, but will eventually do something a little different with the lights... a little experimental!!!

Ok, so fitted the rear collies, i found it more of a pain than the front, getting the old ones out was nowhere near as easy as getting the new ones in!  all mounts have had a smidge of LM grease on them to help protect the turrets (since they are still mint) and to avoid any squeeky noises appearing)

Taking short cuts!  :sad: havent given the inner arches the same TLC as I did the front as I am trying to get it road worthy quickly now... going to have to do the attention to detail stuff after i've MOT'd it.

Nicely mounted with pollys  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 14 August 2010, 12:45 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Couple of shots of the car...

The rears are fully wound all the way up, they are as high as they will go and the car looks slightly lower than before... confused???

« Last Edit: 09 August 2010, 00:49 by SoundillusioN »

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
.. you've got no excuse, you've got a garage!... what have you got to do to yours!?
I have 2 garages so i have double the non excuse  :grin:
To do? Back panel, full respay as not happy with it as i can see the repair and ive never been 100% happy with the re-spray it got, new plastic arches, spolier and bumpers. Maybe even replace the front panel as its never looked straight since i bought the car and its always bugged me, New bottom arms and re-bush everything all round, new brakes, fit the new oem suspension i have had sitting about a while. (It has jamex on it and i find it shakes the shell to bits) Set the injection system up right, fix the MFA mpg thats gone faulty, and many other bits and peaces. The golfs on the list after i re-assemble one of my other projects so i cna get the mk1 in that garage.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2010, 22:57 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.