Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 377971 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
You could try taking the sender out and manually moving it over it's range whilst looking at the gauge.....just to confirm. Might find it is stuck or will work over part of the range etc.
Might even get away with a clean up :undecided:

i am hopeful for something llike this.... how do i get it out!?

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
It twists off. I can't remember how many degrees you have to turn it but its not much. I seem to remember using two screw drivers on the lugs. Careful that the seal doesn't drop into the tank when you lift it off.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
It twists off. I can't remember how many degrees you have to turn it but its not much. I seem to remember using two screw drivers on the lugs. Careful that the seal doesn't drop into the tank when you lift it off.
Sound adivce.. Thanks.. going to have a look now, got laptop outside with me!  :grin: probaly said this before but its good to see you on here again with you're MK1... are you going to inters this year?

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
It's nice to be back and thanks.
Hadn't necessarily planned on inters but will definitely try and make something this year. Hazel has already expressed a keen interest in going to at least one show this year :smiley:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
I really like the idea of going to this one:-

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/show/index.php

........but Uttoxeter Race Course is such a trek for us down South :sad:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
I really like the idea of going to this one:-

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/show/index.php

........but Uttoxeter Race Course is such a trek for us down South :sad:

keep us posted, be nice to see you again... i doubt i'll be in my dub though....  :sad:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
You could try taking the sender out and manually moving it over it's range whilst looking at the gauge.....just to confirm. Might find it is stuck or will work over part of the range etc.
Might even get away with a clean up :undecided:
So got it out wth your method.  dont know why but I wasnt expecting it to look like the gubbins of a toilet!  :laugh:

Made the contact for the copper arm stronger by giving it a bit a of bend, pluged it in and played with it, fuel gauge copied my every move!!!!  :smiley: Happy bunny and thanks for the hints.  Coundnt get it back on the tank. was really tight, it seemed the seal would go on the pi55 every time i tried to screw it in. broke two of the lugs in the process!... in the end i made a T shaped tool, allen key across the two lugs with mole grips on the key.. peace of cake then.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2011, 19:42 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (More Bodywork!!!)
« Reply #127 on: 26 May 2010, 00:22 »
So sadly after some good luck with no rot at the front, i found some at the rear.   :sad:
Took body kit off the OS arch.

You can see the hole in the shot valance in the background which was posted much earlier in this thread.

Out comes the angle grinder with wire brush attachement!   :sad:

« Last Edit: 01 June 2010, 14:07 by SoundillusioN »

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Ah yes, I remember having that problem. The seal swells and it's a struggle getting it back in, it's as if it's too big.

Love the improvisation and glad that it was worth the effort :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Ah yes, I remember having that problem. The seal swells and it's a struggle getting it back in, it's as if it's too big.

Love the improvisation and glad that it was worth the effort :smiley:
was a right pain, wish id thought about the improv before i got too heavy on it! anyway was worth it in the end so thanks again!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 01:47 by SoundillusioN »