Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 300019 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #800 on: 13 March 2017, 15:11 »
Yes ! an absolute fortune :shocked: close to double UK price  :shocked: :shocked:

I am actually English, from the west country...moved to DK in 2005, kills me everytime I think about the cost, but I had to have it...been saving for a long time.

Would it not have been cheaper to import..?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline juicelow

• Not said much yet
« Reply #801 on: 13 March 2017, 15:23 »
Yes ! an absolute fortune :shocked: close to double UK price  :shocked: :shocked:

I am actually English, from the west country...moved to DK in 2005, kills me everytime I think about the cost, but I had to have it...been saving for a long time.

Unfortunately not cheaper to import at all....(Germany is only 1 hour drive from me, so no problem logistically) still have to pay a ridiculous registration tax on the car after importing to make it legal in DK (equivalent to the price of the car !!).
Anyway...Im over it ! its only money.
There are many plus points about driving in DK...Empty roads and NO SPEED CAMERAS  :whistle:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #802 on: 13 March 2017, 15:30 »

Unfortunately not cheaper to import at all....(Germany is only 1 hour drive from me, so no problem logistically) still have to pay a ridiculous registration tax on the car after importing to make it legal in DK (equivalent to the price of the car !!).
Anyway...Im over it ! its only money.
There are many plus points about driving in DK...Empty roads and NO SPEED CAMERAS  :whistle:

Everything is relative, I'm sure if new cars are extremely expensive then it should follow that second hand ones are too which keeps the actual depreciation to levels that will keep the market ticking over. It's just getting to the point where you can afford a new car in the first place must be that much harder, which is a bit like the UK was not so long ago. Well, maybe a little while ago now, it's just an old age thing.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline juicelow

• Not said much yet
« Reply #803 on: 13 March 2017, 15:56 »
Yeah....that's right Exonian...gotta think positive, another plus point is exclusivity...because of the cost of sporty cars like the gti they are very rare, I live in a pretty big city in Denmark and I know of only one other golf gti.
When I was buying the car, the salesman at the VW dealer said it was the first gti he has ever sold! And he has been there for 3 years !!! He was nearly as excited as me :grin:
Any way folks...I'll keep you updated. Btw luckily they had a dark iron blue gti in the showroom....the color is exclusive to the 7,5 gti and looks amazing....my fav colors of choice for the mk7 was carbon / deep pearl black / night blue....the new dark iron blue is like a cross between all of those in one...perfect :smiley:

Great forum btw

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #804 on: 13 March 2017, 16:28 »
You are hereby appointed our official Danish correspondent!

With the proliferation of R's in this country since 2014 I'd think there were quite a few U.K. salesmen in the same boat with selling GTI's these last few years!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline juicelow

• Not said much yet
« Reply #805 on: 13 March 2017, 16:51 »
You are hereby appointed our official Danish correspondent!

With the proliferation of R's in this country since 2014 I'd think there were quite a few U.K. salesmen in the same boat with selling GTI's these last few years!  :grin:

I would be honored to accept the post :grin:

Btw Exonian...you have been an inspiration to me...I saw a photo on this forum of your gti with some rondell wheels.
I thought your car looked amazing, I have been looking for some oem looking wheels for my gti when it arrives because the cost of the vw upgrade is just crazy here in DK.
 consequently yesterday arrived at my house 4 gorgeus  rondell 02RZ wheels plus a set of Michelin pilot sport 4 tyres  :smiley: ready for my baby when she arrives....so thanks again :wink:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #806 on: 13 March 2017, 16:58 »
Yeah....that's right Exonian...gotta think positive, another plus point is exclusivity...because of the cost of sporty cars like the gti they are very rare, I live in a pretty big city in Denmark and I know of only one other golf gti.
When I was buying the car, the salesman at the VW dealer said it was the first gti he has ever sold! And he has been there for 3 years !!! He was nearly as excited as me :grin:
Any way folks...I'll keep you updated. Btw luckily they had a dark iron blue gti in the showroom....the color is exclusive to the 7,5 gti and looks amazing....my fav colors of choice for the mk7 was carbon / deep pearl black / night blue....the new dark iron blue is like a cross between all of those in one...perfect :smiley:

Great forum btw

Any chance of some photos of the new dark iron blue in the showroom?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #807 on: 13 March 2017, 17:18 »
I would be honored to accept the post :grin:

Btw Exonian...you have been an inspiration to me...I saw a photo on this forum of your gti with some rondell wheels.
I thought your car looked amazing, I have been looking for some oem looking wheels for my gti when it arrives because the cost of the vw upgrade is just crazy here in DK.
 consequently yesterday arrived at my house 4 gorgeus  rondell 02RZ wheels plus a set of Michelin pilot sport 4 tyres  :smiley: ready for my baby when she arrives....so thanks again :wink:
That's great to hear! I really liked those wheels on my GTI. They're quite heavy but felt really well built.
The finish on mine was a very rough Matt so brake dust stuck to the black and needed a good scrub to remove, so either give them a really good seal and polish before fitting or maybe even get a coat of lacquer sprayed on them. Then again it's been a few years so possibly they're painted in a different finish now.

I can't wait to see photos of yours :afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #808 on: 14 March 2017, 18:02 »
I got delivery date of my PP GTi, late May :)
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #809 on: 14 March 2017, 19:01 »
When did you order to get that date?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC