Author Topic: rear headrest conversion  (Read 1275 times)

Offline 10:27

• Here all the time
rear headrest conversion
« on: 01 March 2005, 17:09 »
hi im trying to do a rear headrest conversion i just want to know how i should be going about it? i think i may practice on my old rear bench from the cab and once i master it i will attempt it on my current interio. i need some advice on how to go about it iv manager tro source the headrest the black bits that they go in aswell as the metal bits that are in the seats! i sourced them from a pair of scirrocco fronty seats! help is needed

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: rear headrest conversion
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2005, 18:00 »
just poked mine down between the parcel shelf and the seat! nice! lol ?:rolleyes:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Flidster_uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2005, 20:40 »
remove the backing off the rear seat should expose the foam i would guess you would need to remove some of the foam and create a channel in order to sit the head rest bars in. Ideally you need a bracket to fix the bars otherwise if you swing on em the end of the bars are more liable to push through the front. I'll have a look over the weekend.

Cheers for the selling the sportline doorcards been able to use them as templates to create new ones. Thought i recognised your car.
1990 CAB GTI Saphire Met. / 1994 Ice grey violet VR6 Corrado
account.<br />http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/18662/cab.jpg

Offline 10:27

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2005, 01:44 »
not a problem dude and cheers for your help!