Author Topic: Clay/polish/wax results  (Read 6299 times)

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
Clay/polish/wax results
« on: 21 August 2008, 11:55 »
So after the car being broken, it got very dirty. And i've got the day to myself so though what better way to start than to get up early and clean it with the stuff I bought a few weeks ago.

Before:

So I washed the car using AG shampoo (which is poop in my opinion - need to buy different one) and did the wheels with after.

I then used Meguiars Clay Bar Kit (£12 one not the more expensive £22 one...) which was a lot easier than I thought it would be as I think my paint was in good condition anyway...) Claying really is simple and effective. I can not stress how much better this has made my paint, and the crap that came off  :shocked: even though I used Meguiars stage 3 products a month ago.

After this I washed the car again to remove the traces of clay juice.. :grin:

Then I applied PoorBoys polish one panel at a time and buffed it off which increased the shine nicely.It was a dream to work with and came off easily!

Then I wanted to protect my finish against the elements so used PoorBoys Natty Blue wax to finish off, I used two thin coats.

Then I used Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gloss and a brush to make the tyres shiny and used trim detailer to make the black bits black again!

Over all I'm very happy with the result a wet looking protected car! For not much money. Next step is to replace the wing mirror covers as they're scratched to hell and maybe look into getting it machine polished to remove some scratches.

This is what I ended up with:

It's just rained so I got some pictures of the beading  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 21 August 2008, 12:10 by T_J_G »

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Clay/polish/wax results
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2008, 13:10 »
happy days!! looks  :cool:

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2008, 16:46 »
That looks well good hopefully gonna do that tomine soon in the garage atm  :sad:

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2008, 16:48 »
It really is easy with the right stuff.

I spent for the main parts (i assume everyone has a bucket, car shampoo and a wash mitt or sponge..)

Polish = £15
Wax=£15
Clay = £12

then about £5-8 on cloths and applicators.

I think everyone first mod should be a decent clean :afro:

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2008, 16:58 »
yeah definetly ive got the stuff also got a new megs g220 which i cant wait to use got some unopened poorboys polish and sealent which should be good too  :smiley:

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2008, 17:29 »
yeah definetly ive got the stuff also got a new megs g220 which i cant wait to use got some unopened poorboys polish and sealent which should be good too  :smiley:

Awesome. temped by a G220 and Mezerna polishes....

NewGolf

« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2008, 18:06 »

me too, trying to fight the urge...!

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2008, 20:17 »

Do it  :evil: , I am well impressed with the Megs G220 and Menzerna kit I got from cleanyourcar.co.uk. 

NewGolf

« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2008, 20:41 »

Do it  :evil: , I am well impressed with the Megs G220 and Menzerna kit I got from cleanyourcar.co.uk. 

Thats even where I was looking to buy STOP PLEASE!  :laugh:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 21 August 2008, 20:46 »
I am sure you will be able to find some space for it once the batcave is finished NewGolf.

If you ask Tim @ cleanyourcar.co.uk nicely he might give you free delivery as well (plus you still get the 5% loyalty points), that's what he did for me recently. Allround top service.  :cool: