Author Topic: anyone interested in meeting up for a track day??  (Read 6272 times)

Offline ggggolfgti

• GTI forum regular
hi guys, just wondering if anyone would be interested in putting there cars to abit of use on a track day, thinking around september time, if i get a few people interested, i will sort out a track and get some prices
249 bypass, ths fr3 engine mounts, S/S decat, 2.5'' straight through exhaust, induction kit, forge split r, coilovers, 18'' alloys, much more in the pipeline

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: anyone interested in meeting up for a track day??
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2010, 23:31 »
Just like that?

You've organised track days before, or you just think it'll be easy?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline 5miffy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2010, 11:07 »
Come to Goodwood, i'll watch ya from my office... ;)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2010, 11:14 »
hi guys, just wondering if anyone would be interested in putting there cars to abit of use on a track day, thinking around september time, if i get a few people interested, i will sort out a track and get some prices

I looked into this a while ago. Cost of renting Castle COmbe for a day is circa £8K and you need to put the money down in full. You got to sell 60 spots at £140ish to break even. Not gonna happen on here.

The only way of getting a group together is to hijack an organised day at a circuit by getting everyone to book on the same trackday.

Nick

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2010, 13:17 »
The only way of getting a group together is to hijack an organised day at a circuit by getting everyone to book on the same trackday.

FlashTrackMob!  :grin:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Purely VAG

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2010, 20:29 »
I guess thats that shutdown :P

✉ Jrd@PurelyVAG.co.uk // www.PurelyVAG.co.uk

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2010, 11:42 »

I looked into this a while ago. Cost of renting Castle COmbe for a day is circa £8K and you need to put the money down in full. You got to sell 60 spots at £140ish to break even. Not gonna happen on here.

Nick

i've been looking into it recently and have been quoted far more reasonable prices than that for a private day on a good (read: suitable for beginners) airfield circuit

biggest issue: how much of a "show" do we have to make it to justify charging spectators an entrance fee to make up the remaining dollah. Because even with a big forum push i can't see a huge number of people coughing up in advance for track space.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2010, 11:48 »
Good point Toph, airfields are a fair bit cheaper. I'm such a trackday snob I forget about those :grin:

I think if you can bring something fresh to the show as well as traders it'll get a fair bit of interest. Certainly track oriented events get a good turnout form CGTI members so a bit of pimping on there would add to the numbers.

Nick

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2010, 11:52 »
it's doable just needs careful planning.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2010, 11:54 »
PM me your thoughts and I shall pass extensive comment :grin:

nick