Author Topic: Fuel Pump Issues  (Read 755 times)

Offline djmarksmith

• Just got here
Fuel Pump Issues
« on: 20 November 2014, 22:54 »
Seem to be having some problems and my thoughts are that it is the fuel pump

When i turn the ignition on but don't start the car, as expected i can hear the pump but it sounds slow and groans a bit. When i start the car i can hear the pump whiring in the back but i have never noticed this before, even when driving i can hear the pump but obviously not as loud due to road noise

Also noticed the other day i was driving nice and steady and all of a sudden it felt like the car had lost boost but i wasn't actually on boost as i was in 4th and doing around 30mph, i pressed harder on the gas  ut the car continued to slow down then all of a sudden whooosh and off it went like nothing had happened..

I know there is another recent thread on fuel pumps on the forum but its slightly different issue to mine

Offline Nino

• I live here
Re: Fuel Pump Issues
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2014, 10:53 »
Hi bud,

The other topic is mine, and yes your symtoms are similair to mine.
Over on the R32OC one guy mentioned that a fuel fuel will do what you said when its struggling.

Seems to be the month of fuel pumps.
Luckly for you, 1.8t fuel pumps are alo cheaper than R32 ones :)

I think Rio_GTI metioned that he had a working one in the garage somewhere, I am hoping that my replacment pump turns up today.
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
  • "i'm not spending any money on it" Got a Hybrid!
Re: Fuel Pump Issues
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2014, 20:19 »
That i do!!!

Change the fuel filter first thou try that

2000 GTI 1.8t ARZ, S2000 filter, DSG intake, Forge 007 dv, Catch can, R-tech custom remap, 3" Supersize Silicone TIP, Powerflex dog bone, 'The Beast' FMIC, Ultimate delete, LCR fuel pump, 3" Turbo back, K03 hybrid, Ported Manifold, S3 injectors, 80mm maf = 280bhp 270lbft :evil: