Author Topic: Outside temp sender stopped working?  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Outside temp sender stopped working?
« on: 01 July 2012, 19:59 »
As per title...

I stripped down the front end of the car this morning, then put things back together (in what was the right order for the job I was doing) to find that afterwards the outside temp wasn't showing on the dash, just a blank space and "deg C".

I assumed I hadn't plugged it back in, so was puzzled to find I had....  scratched my head a bit and did some googling.  Turns out you have to plug it back in before reconnecting the battery or it has a wobble.  So I popped out, unplugged the battery for 10 mins, plugged it back in and hey-presto works again!   :cool:

Build thread clicky

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Outside temp sender stopped working?
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2012, 22:17 »
Ah good to know  :cool:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline XMC1980

• Here all the time
  • Don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining!
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2014, 16:16 »
Mine works but is well out! Says it's much warmer than it is, is it worth replacing or correcting?
Mk4 1.8T 218ps AUQ

Head and turbo rebuild, jom coilovers, s200 induction, forge 007, anniversary body kit, 18" RS4 reps, Rtech remap stage1, turbo back stainless and miltek cat back

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2014, 21:10 »
Sounds foo-barred to me.  Have you got a pal with a mk4 you can blag a borrow from?  If it is the sensor then pop down breakers for one.  I'm guessing they are stupid money new from VW....

Build thread clicky

Offline XMC1980

• Here all the time
  • Don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining!
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2014, 22:41 »
Sounds foo-barred to me.  Have you got a pal with a mk4 you can blag a borrow from?  If it is the sensor then pop down breakers for one.  I'm guessing they are stupid money new from VW....

That's a good shout bro
Mk4 1.8T 218ps AUQ

Head and turbo rebuild, jom coilovers, s200 induction, forge 007, anniversary body kit, 18" RS4 reps, Rtech remap stage1, turbo back stainless and miltek cat back