Author Topic: Water in passenger footwell?  (Read 37559 times)

Offline All Torque

• Not said much yet
Re: Water in passenger footwell?
« Reply #30 on: 21 September 2009, 12:38 »
Great thread Tim, especially seeing as my passenger footwell keeps flooding.

I have a 5 door with no sunroof, I have checked my pollen filter and its cover on several occasions especially after plenty of rain and it always seems bone dry, I even put my hand down the vent hole under the filter and the foam at the bottom of the vent is always bone dry.

This weekend I vacuumed the water out and left the door open with the sun doing a great job and dried it out (again!) On Saturday night we had a good 3-4 hours of heavy rain and I expected to find all my good work undone on Sunday morning but I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was still bone dry. I tempted fate later and gave it a good wash using plenty of hot soapy water and a pressure washer and it still remained dry.

So, I can only assume that my water only comes in when the car is on the move. I do quite a lot of motorway miles and often in rain so I am guessing it must be during this driving I am filling the car up.

Any ideas????

Thanks in advance

Ian

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 21 September 2009, 15:33 »
Great thread Tim, especially seeing as my passenger footwell keeps flooding.

To be honest I'm unsure of what's causing your leak. Have you taken off the scuttle panel (bit below the wipers) and had a good prod around in there? Where exactly in the footwell is it wet? Near a certain side or front or back, or just all over?

Offline All Torque

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 21 September 2009, 20:11 »
To be honest I'm unsure of what's causing your leak. Have you taken off the scuttle panel (bit below the wipers) and had a good prod around in there? Where exactly in the footwell is it wet? Near a certain side or front or back, or just all over?

Hi Tim

I have taken off the scuttle panel and had a nose in there, all seem fine. The area which is wet is the actual flat area in the passenger footwell, I have had a good feel all around the carpet on sill area, around the tunnel and followed the carpet all the way up under the dash and it always seems dry when the flat area is soaking. Is there any chassis bunks that you know of under the footwell? If so maybe one of mine might have gone awol.

It's really frustrating me now, just get it all dried out and its soaking again. Not looking forward to winter and all the wet weather  :undecided:

Cheers
Ian

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #33 on: 06 December 2009, 22:48 »
This may be of some use to someone also :

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/51109/392618.aspx#392618  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
« Reply #34 on: 06 February 2014, 21:07 »
I've just had another read of this thread as I've had a job lot of water in my car. I know years back I reported some, but it didn't really seem to occur again. I've had the carpets and underlay out which were soaking, so been driving it around with nothing in it and noticed some water build up around the bungs in the floor when I got back. What are they for? Do they need replacing? I'll check the pollen filter this weekend, but it's completely dry above the bungs and under the dash.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline bigdee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 09 February 2014, 23:01 »
Hi cracking thread, just a quick tease of the grey matter, my rear passenger well is wet but no where else, its a 3 door with sunroof and i had a new screen fitted a few weeks ago, anything in particular to try or just go through everything? I had a play with the nipples earlier nothing came out of the passenger side but i got a bit out of the drivers side
any pointers would be great
cheers dave

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
« Reply #36 on: 11 February 2014, 21:56 »
I had a play with the nipples earlier nothing came out of the passenger side but i got a bit out of the drivers side

I'm so sorry, I just simply can not resist, but that sounds just like breast feeding, if nothing from one nipple, try the other  :grin:
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline bigdee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 12 February 2014, 15:58 »
 :whistle:  dont know what you mean sir, gotta sort something out tho i dont know where to start and this weathers doing my nut in and i dont want the kermit to start rusting away

Offline bigdee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 14 February 2014, 22:09 »
anyone????? ive checked from the sunroof on the front two holes, i was told there should be two at the back but cant find them, it is litterlly just wet in the rear passenger footwell no where else, someone mentioned missing bungs underneath??? its really bugging me now as i had a renault scenic before and that was fogging up all the time and now the golf is starting to a little
please help

Offline bigdee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 20 February 2014, 22:07 »
i think i may have sorted it now ill find out in the next few weeks