Author Topic: NEWBIE MK6 GTI OWNER  (Read 4724 times)

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
NEWBIE MK6 GTI OWNER
« on: 30 May 2009, 18:42 »
Greetings from a newbie
Been out today and ordered me a mk6 gti, 3 door, 18" monzas, in metallic graphite grey, been told car will be with me in 8 weeks.
Cannot wait, so excited, not driven one yet but from what ive been reading im sure I wont be disapointed, had a mk 5 gti for 9 months in 2006, loved it also but had to move it on due to getting a company car.
Ive opted out of a company car this time around so I thought I would treat myself.
Not sure if ive made the right colour decision though, I know its all down to personal preference but I cant help thinking I sould get it in black.  Ive got till Monday morning to make a final decision.
Anyway whichever colour I choose Im sure I will be very happy, great forum by the way enjoying all the posts.
It would be great to get any feedback from all you new owners once you have all taken delivery.
Thanks
Simon. :grin:

neo66

Re: NEWBIE MK6 GTI OWNER
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2009, 20:41 »
stick with the grey, black gets to common and shows up swirl marks/scrathces to easily, also longer to clean!.
you will get a nice deep shine from the grey!
Congrats on the purchase too!

Offline TagnuT

• I live here
  • Edition 30
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2009, 20:45 »
Congrats on your order. Post some pictures when you get it :afro:
Bye Bye Edition 30

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2009, 11:46 »
I`ve just ordered the 3dr pearl black,monaza shadow alloys,dynoaudio package,dab and electric mirrors,difficult to choose the colour really as not that much to choose from,sure we will both be happy with the car.I was told aug delivery also so will be interesting to see when they are delivered,I also have a 2 ltr fsi touran which is on a 55 plate it has been a brilliant car(family car) .
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2009, 19:28 »
Just to let you all know because im sure you have all been wondering :grin:, iv changed my order to metallic black.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2009, 19:53 »
good choice,when did they say you would get it,i ordered on 22 may and are quoting aug .

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2009, 21:55 »
Placed order last Saturday (May30th), been told it will be 8 weeks so hopefully early August all being well.
Did you have a test drive?

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2009, 19:29 »
Yes i test drove the 5dr dsg,felt really quick,sounded good,lovely car hence i brought one,i went in a 2,ltr tsi gt scirocco also, to try a manual car,it was noticably slower ,mind you it has 10bhp less,my father in law has one,i took great pleasure in winding him up :grin:

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2009, 13:59 »
My car apparently has been brought forward by one week from week 31 to 30.
With this in mind does anyone have an idea when they think it will be ready to be picked up?
How long does it take to ship and prep a car?
Thanks in advance.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2009, 14:01 »
Mine is build week 27,the dealer says mid aug for it to arrive,