Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529316 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #190 on: 10 December 2015, 16:38 »
Went to the local hand/brush car wash place.

Not to have anything done you'll be glad to hear, but to talk to them about me designing a new covered wash area and enclosed valleting bays.

I was just about to ban you from here Simon, but you just redeemed yourself.  Still, you are doing work for 'the other side'  :tongue:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #191 on: 10 December 2015, 17:02 »
If these places didn't exist, there wouldn't be as many swirled cars for the detailing industry to rectify. So in a way I'm helping to generate more business for the likes of Neil and Co. I ought to be on commission.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #192 on: 10 December 2015, 17:05 »
If these places didn't exist, there wouldn't be as many swirled cars for the detailing industry to rectify. So in a way I'm helping to generate more business for the likes of Neil and Co. I ought to be on commission.

Haha. It's a tenuous link, but full marks for your cheek! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #193 on: 10 December 2015, 17:09 »
You want a black roof to match Mrs'. But her car looks lovely and clean and hopefully has a full tank.  :wink:

Nearly a month since mine last done  :cry:  It's no longer Deep Black Pearl but Crap Grey.  When I'm walking back to it in the works car park, I'm tempted to keep walking, such is the state of it and my shame.  :cry:  Planning to clean it on Sat morning, unless the weather conspires against me.

Its true I have black roof envy :rolleyes:

The merc is all glass and it looks well, inside and out - The Golf looks somewhat unfinished in comparison, I've had a quote at £120 and I've seen it done to another car, I was about to pull the trigger on it, but now I know its 'so last year' I'm going to get the sunroof sprayed white :laugh:

Of course I filled up my wife's car - I do as I'm told :smug:

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #194 on: 10 December 2015, 19:19 »

Thanks mate, tell them they do a great job and we'll stay in business!

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #195 on: 10 December 2015, 19:23 »
I'd go for the black roof to be honest. Think it looks good. When I was getting a Tornado Red Golf I was going to do the roof gloss black.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #196 on: 10 December 2015, 20:23 »
It's your car Eccie, go with your heart.

Gloss black wrapped roof on a Tornado Red car......NOOOO!  :sick:

ETTO.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #197 on: 19 December 2015, 15:13 »
Cleaned mine again today after a week of driving round the rain and mud soaked roads of Rutland. Also cleaned the mother-in-law's Corsa which was sat next to it just because I had the time. Also want to see if she'll even notice! Haha  :wink:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #198 on: 22 December 2015, 13:41 »
Just a quick wash for mine today,before the inevitable rain. Snowfoamed with Valet Pro Neutral, rinsed off and washed with Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild (still love the smell of this stuff), rinsed again and resealed with CarPro Hydro2 and then final rinse off with a bit of Bouncers Done and Dusted (also smells amazing). Gave the interior a hoover.

Now just waiting for that rain.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #199 on: 22 December 2015, 14:33 »
Just a quick wash for mine today,before the inevitable rain. Snowfoamed with Valet Pro Neutral, rinsed off and washed with Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild (still love the smell of this stuff), rinsed again and resealed with CarPro Hydro2 and then final rinse off with a bit of Bouncers Done and Dusted (also smells amazing). Gave the interior a hoover.

Now just waiting for that rain.

Always the way isn't it. :sad:  Mind the rain should roll right off with your Hydro2 sealant on.  It's been raining non stop since the day I cleaned mine. Such is life.

Least you got the inside done too.  Didn[t get time to do mine last weekend, but desperate to try out the Metrovac I'm getting for xmas.  Never been so excited to hoover a car.  :laugh: 

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual