Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374688 times)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead (Body Complete + Bonnet Trial P75)
« Reply #760 on: 15 January 2011, 21:11 »
Hmmmm, sorry, don't like it :sad: it doesn't work for me, sorry for being honest, only my opinion :huh:
Body kit is looking great though, well done  :smiley:
Thanks for doing the trial fit of the bonnet, I really was curious how it would look. I just don't think that the Mk1 can match the UR Quattro aggressive look....maybe you will prove me wrong.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2011, 21:16 by richandhazel »

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #761 on: 15 January 2011, 21:20 »
Hmmmm, sorry, don't like it :sad: it doesn't work for me, sorry for being honest, only my opinion :huh:
Thanks for doing the trial fit of the bonnet, I really was curious how it would look. I just don't think that the Mk1 can match the UR Quattro aggressive look....maybe you will prove me wrong.

maybe square lights may help? like westmoreland(?) lights on the mk2 golf.

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #762 on: 15 January 2011, 23:34 »

You just need box-arches on it now.  :grin:

Now if it had them, i think it would work, but alas it does not  :undecided:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #763 on: 15 January 2011, 23:35 »
Wow, it really has divided people!

Initially I didn't like it, however.....I think that (as you say) with the front fogs in and a number plate on it will look a lot better. The problem for me is the big gaping space from the bottom of the grill downwards, but, with the mentioned bits fitted it should balance out the look of the front end and I reckon it'll look good :afro:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #764 on: 15 January 2011, 23:48 »
i hate to say this, but it would be a lie if i said i liked that on your car, i mean i like the bonnet but not when its on your car if this makes sense.
I say go back standard :undecided:

rest of car looks great tho

I know what you mean but I will not make a firm decision on it untill it's been done properly. I have two bonnets and the option to run either at will... be patient, this was only a trial fit.  Glad the rest of the car is getting some points though.

Minty goodness IMO.

Sets an already stand-out car further apart and works well with the already-aggressive bodykit.

You just need box-arches on it now.  :grin:

Ah ha, someone who can see through a trial and see potential.

Will this do

Would be ideal if you're using itb's :lipsrsealed:

Seen these before and they always look super tough. I'd black the mesh, but then I get carried away when blacking cars. :grin:

The whole bonnet will be prepped and painted to match the car, inlucing the mesh...  ITB's will be great one day but for me it's all about what's in there already for now, it was one of the main reasons I bought car.  I have plans to make the vents more useful.  Inside the rise I want to build channels for the air to places I want it, air box and throttle body/exhaust area.   :cool:

Love it, really suits the car :afro:

I think it works well, doesnt look chavy.  Nice one mate. :cool:

Thanks, will look loads better but glad you can see it might work.  I was starting think, FAIL.

Bonnet looks great! (coming from someone who hates things like that usually). Really suits the car and the rest of the kit.

Car is looking superb, top job mate. Can't be far off completion now?

Thanks... I hate vented bonnets but this is old skool and VAG so thought it was worth a shot.  Nope, not far to go I hope!

Don't be sorry, I'm quite happy it's getting mixed views... It makes me like it more, its beyond marmite now.  :grin:

Of course it can't match the Quattro, but then i'm not trying to do that.  I'm trying to make this mine.  :wink:  I only put the bonnet on prematurely due to forum peer pressure.  Patience, I'll sway you.   :smug:

maybe square lights may help? like westmoreland(?) lights on the mk2 golf.

No no no!.... no square lights, well not where you're thinking anyway.  The OEM lights are round in the middle, the vents above are rectangle and so to finish it off, the bottom fogs are also rectangle which I think will help a lot.  It doesn't help that they weren't fitted for this round of snaps.

Wow, it really has divided people!

Initially I didn't like it, however.....I think that (as you say) with the front fogs in and a number plate on it will look a lot better. The problem for me is the big gaping space from the bottom of the grill downwards, but, with the mentioned bits fitted it should balance out the look of the front end and I reckon it'll look good :afro:

Dom, I was exactly the same, I had to visualise the rest of it to be more convinced.  I didn't really want to take snaps of the trial fit, I only wanted to post what I have done today, so I blame all those that forced it!  :laugh:

I don't want a "Euro look" Golf.

Stay with me people...  :wink:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #765 on: 16 January 2011, 00:22 »
loving that bonnet, if you want rid then i want first dibs!!!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #766 on: 16 January 2011, 00:26 »
loving that bonnet, if you want rid then i want first dibs!!!

Cheers mate and noted.  :wink:

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
« Reply #767 on: 16 January 2011, 00:38 »

I hear ya fella's.... If i'm honest i'm not too sure myself  :undecided:

At certain angles I think it looks great but others not so.  Standing tall against the car looking down at it I don't like it, but then head on lower down I do, the gloss and mesh ruin it so we'll have to see... I'm still going to make it mint and sort the mesh out and with this and the rest of the car painted it might blend in much better.....  I wish I had the lower fogs sorted as I think this might help with the busy upper front end.

I like it here

Totally agree Shaun, looks sh!t hot from certain angles but a bit cheesey from others  :undecided:
The rest of it looks ACE mate  :grin: :laugh: :grin:
Im even a little bit jealous  :cry:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #768 on: 16 January 2011, 09:02 »
Ah ha, someone who can see through a trial and see potential.

It's called vision.

Not all are in receipt of it.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline archie837

• I live here
« Reply #769 on: 16 January 2011, 09:37 »
Not too sure - think if it had the super wide arches on it, it would look really good  :smiley:
Project longterm Airbanger.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163335.0

PD150 Anni daily