Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 377086 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
That bad. No paper work. U could find a set of p slots if you wanted it to be original though.

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
i thought you were going to have the original sticker on the engine remade?

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.

Where's that come from...  :grin: well remembered.. PS have you had a look at page 47 after the fusebox comments....  Um yeah I do but haven't really touched the engine bay since I moved on to more desperate stuff.. I don't like what I have done under there now though but it will be getting some proper attention over winter.... My mate can replicate on Photoshop I think but need someone to print it.

Offline cняis

• I live here

Where's that come from...  :grin: well remembered.. PS have you had a look at page 47 after the fusebox comments....  Um yeah I do but haven't really touched the engine bay since I moved on to more desperate stuff.. I don't like what I have done under there now though but it will be getting some proper attention over winter.... My mate can replicate on Photoshop I think but need someone to print it.

Lazylunatic might be able to help, he does stickers/vinyl etc

Saw the paint updates last night, for rattle cans it doesnt look half bad  :tongue:

also heating the cans up in hot water is a good idea :afro: but i have no power in my garage so i cant heat the panels unlike yourself...

should be painting the front panel today, satin black, wish me luck! i have just less than 1 full can left, can i do it?!?!  :evil:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero

Lazylunatic might be able to help, he does stickers/vinyl etc

Saw the paint updates last night, for rattle cans it doesnt look half bad  :tongue:

also heating the cans up in hot water is a good idea :afro: but i have no power in my garage so i cant heat the panels unlike yourself...

should be painting the front panel today, satin black, wish me luck! i have just less than 1 full can left, can i do it?!?!  :evil:
Yeah pictures can make everything look better!  :grin: nah its not too bad, it'll look a little hod rod like when finished  :grin: but it will only be for a year if all goes to plan... I have no power either, just very long extentions... i'm guessing your garage is fooking miles away from your house though!....   Good luck but i'm sure you will be fine.  at least its more of a hidden area that you're doing.  Take a large empty drinks bottle filled with hot water and a washing up bowl with you??

As for the sticker, yeah I may drop LL a line but its got to be silver and OK with engine heat...   anyway you can tell the engine side of things have gone quiet, I still haven't sorted out that box for the relays after you offered!  :rolleyes:

Watch this space... got a couple of interesting, recently aquired pics coming from when the front was stripped down and fixed!  :shocked:

Shaun

Offline cняis

• I live here
mmmm damage pics  :cool: :huh:

garage is within a block of garages over the road  :sad: but at least i have a garage i suppose. might do the spraying in the back garden as it seems pretty still today, no wind to blow dust and crap around  :rolleyes:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
mmmm damage pics  :cool: :huh:

garage is within a block of garages over the road  :sad: but at least i have a garage i suppose. might do the spraying in the back garden as it seems pretty still today, no wind to blow dust and crap around  :rolleyes:
  Yeah better than not having one at all........You could be in luck with the weather!..... pics coming now

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (The Missing Jigsaw Piece p50)
« Reply #497 on: 02 November 2010, 09:45 »
This thread was missing the pictures of the original repair..... I now have them!

Despite my lack of confidence in the car being repairable... It was proven to me that anything is possible.. If you're reading this Dave, THANK YOU!!! You are my Hero!

This thread was missing the pictures of the original repair..... I now have them!

Despite my lack of confidence in the car being repairable... It was proven to me that anything is possible.. If you're reading this Dave, THANK YOU!!! You are my Hero!

Unpicked welds and lots of grafting!  Inner wing/turret and front panel removed

OEM Inner Wing, turret and front panel Removed From Donor Car

And after very time consuming work he ended up with this!

« Last Edit: 05 February 2011, 03:09 by SoundillusioN »

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
That's pretty impressive work and my hat is off to you for taking it on :wink:

It reminds me of a blue Y reg mk1 that I purchased for spares about 18 years ago that had very similar accident damage. The car was in immaculate condition and completely rust free prior to the accident and it seemed such a shame to scrap the shell. Shame it never occurred to me at the time to look for a donor front end :cry:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
That's what i'm talking about! My hat is also off to you and on a plate!

Shaun, you never fail to impress me! :afro: