Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374517 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Would you really rat a mk 4,5 or 6 though. I did it to my mk2 just cos its being replaced by a mk1 eventually

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
woh!..... At no point did I say I was going to rat a bonnet.. I simply complimented Lemski's work then said I have spare bonnet and when I get time I might have play with it!  :rolleyes:

Anyway, another update on the way...  :cool:

sort my fusebox?  :wink:

Why whats up with it?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Update. Now am excited. :D

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
HA!... that's nothing.....

Before!  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: As you know, strpped every wire it had out and started again

After more blood sweat and  :sick: don't want to do it again any time soon but if you were closer maybe I could help!....

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Once the wings were properly dry they looked sh*t up close, grey patchy areas, I think the cold damp air fooked them as the stuff I did previously in proper daylight were fine... I used a rubbing compound and then polished them, looked worse!  Cleaned everything with alcohol and Keyed them both back.................. AGAIN!  :angry: Resprayed and the paint reacted!... FFS!!!!!  :angry: So did that step for another time until all was good.  And between coats I had light help from this to keep things warm...  :smiley:

Not going to post all the pics for that as i'm sure you're sick of seeing my wings now!

Comparison Pic NS wing and BBS arch  :cool:

Now both done but after the disaster I am very unhappy with the finish on the NS wing but it will have to do as I need to move on!

Keyed the primed skirt and painted

and oh look..... what do we have here!!!!!?...................................

And with a BBS arch wedged in place!

Got to get my smaller tyres fitted!!!  :cool:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Give me ur mk1? U can havve my mk2???
This threads such a brilliant read. Unlucky bout reactin paint though mate. Good luck with the full build

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Shame mate all that work, this is why I've decided to borrow a booth for an hour or so!
I figured I'll prep the boot lid and then just paint in a booth down the road to minimise the cold weather damage!
The rest is coming along though compared to your first page! Arches looking really good spot on IMO!  :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Give me ur mk1? U can havve my mk2???
This threads such a brilliant read. Unlucky bout reactin paint though mate. Good luck with the full build
  Thanks............... Simply because of the grafting the way I feel right now I wouldn't give this car up for anything!!!  It's more mine than it ever was!

Shame mate all that work, this is why I've decided to borrow a booth for an hour or so!
I figured I'll prep the boot lid and then just paint in a booth down the road to minimise the cold weather damage!
The rest is coming along though compared to your first page! Arches looking really good spot on IMO!  :cool:

Sadly I don't know anybody round here that can help me with that... would kill to borrow a unit or something.. I can't afford to rent anything commercial even if there was something.

Thanks mate.... with the kit coming together this satin is really growing on me more than I thought it would... if this was a standard car then I dont think it would but i think it will look quite moody when finished.... ????

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Fantastic progress  :smiley:

Keep going mate - always a pleasure to read your updates  :cool: