Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 376772 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
checked old one and clips had been shaved down and then bolted to slam panel in same location instead.  Have done the same to this one. wired up headlights, first time my rewiring has been put to the test for lighting!

I thought you were a pro at that now?  :rolleyes: :tongue: :evil:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
checked old one and clips had been shaved down and then bolted to slam panel in same location instead.  Have done the same to this one. wired up headlights, first time my rewiring has been put to the test for lighting!

I thought you were a pro at that now?  :rolleyes: :tongue: :evil:
Pro, ha!... only lost my cherry to proper wiring a couple of months ago!.. although its all done, ive never had any lights wired to the new looms till now!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Hit a brick wall!.. Whilst re-wiring the car I failed to notice that the engine loom I fitted didnt have anything for the spotlights!  This was soon obvious after help from rubjonny.  cheers mate!  :smiley: also realised i'd lost my rubber caps for them.... went hunting through all the shizzle i'd stripped out and found them.. It was then I decided that the easiest way to wire the spots in without overloading the feed for High Beam was to upgrade the loom to something better as we all know the standard in a MK1 struggles even with 55w bulbs!

Left new loom in to provide the signal, cleaned up old loom to use its connectors... Here's the setup

There is a seperate feed and relay for each headlight in case a fuse goes to ensure I still have lights, the spots share a thicker feed with their own relay

Thrown in for a test running standard bulbs but will easily cope with 80w/100w bulbs

Result!  :cool:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Cracking work, I hate electrics.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Cracking work, I hate electrics.
cheers buddy... I do to, but this was strangely therapeutic!  :shocked: Mostly i think it was because i was putting something together rather than having to locate and fix something annoying!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
So a lot of stuff has been arriving these past few weeks that i need to crack on with.... Missus is letting me have a spending spree as the house is about done!  :cool:

New coilovers

New Febi Bilstein Top mounts caps and bumpstops for the front

New poly mounts for the rear

New Drums, Pads, Wheel Bearings, Brake Cylinders and Handbrake Cables for the rear

Used Radiator Cowling, mine was buckled in the smash and have bent it back into shape but looks poop, gonna refurb this one as its near perfect.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
The new bumpstops will be no good for the coilovers

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
The new bumpstops will be no good for the coilovers
cheers for that, i did wonder... i'm sure there is a set with the collies anyway.  I can't slam it tha much as i have remembered how low the sump is on these, saw a shallow sump and pickup on the bay last week but couldnt afford it.  :sad:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Nice load of work you're doing mate, I love Mk1s

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Fitted my front coilovers today.  Havent got spring compressors so haven't done the rear yet and run out of time anyway.

Had recently wire brushed (with drill) inside of the turets and undersealed.
Fitted the new top mounts and lay the collie next to the old setup, quality in its day.  Bilstein shocks and 60mm Eibach springs

once set to almost -80 (a guess at where i could still get the pump jack out) I sprayed everything with this

Amazing stuff  :smiley:

Need new tyres obviously and i'm going to go lower.  Car looks out of shape as bonnet, wing, bumper and grille are not bolted and most of the kit is off.

« Last Edit: 09 August 2010, 00:47 by SoundillusioN »