Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374583 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (More Bodywork!)
« Reply #130 on: 26 May 2010, 00:46 »
Angleground/brushed the rot to death, then over treated with rust remover gel over and over until i was happy. got the filler out to fill any gaps made by broken off crap and tried to get it all as smooth as I could.

Next will be painting and sealing... not going to be perfect but the kit covers it and hopefully it will hold up for a while.
« Last Edit: 10 September 2010, 12:30 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Shopping List)
« Reply #131 on: 30 May 2010, 11:17 »
So its getting to the point where I need to spend more money!  :sick: After quite a few bits and the budget is tighter than a..............................
Making a note on here for reference. Obviously i'm looking but if anyone has or know where i can source cheap then that would be great.

Here's my list of everything I can think of so far, some of which is easy, others i'm struggling:

Front twin headlight grill that takes a badge, looking for the same or nearest to what i had in the first place (alternatives considered)

Front Bumper

Pair of front seats, may need a drivers side rail also as current one is a recaro. minimum is a new drivers seat as original passeneger is ok, just want a pair of seats so they match (anything considered that will fit)

N/S OEM Wing any colour but doesnt have to be new, just straight.

Bonnet OEM any colour but doesnt have to be new, just straight. (not desperate)

Sidelight Bulb Holders

Battery Clamp Bar and Bolt

New Radiator (Awaiting Delivery)

Glass for cracked fog (BOSCH HALOGEN LE1476A)

Door lock pin

Brake Discs, drums, shoes and pads (easily sorted when time comes)

Wheel Bearings all round (easily sorted when time comes)

Coilovers (easily sorted when time comes)

« Last Edit: 10 September 2010, 12:36 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Not had time to do much or post pics but a little while back I did the following:

Fitted new rad (old one was bent)
Flushed cooling system a few times. runs clean, bought some Comma g30 XStream to go in it.
Treated then flushed old oil out.  Fitted new Champion filter and filled her back up with Semi Synthetic.

Did a trial paint in Satin to see if i could get a good finish.... spent a fair while prepping it, think it will turn out nice all over fingers crossed!
Will do a proper work in progress when i do the whole car.

« Last Edit: 21 June 2010, 20:29 by SoundillusioN »

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Looks good.
Any special additive for the plastic? Do you have a compressor and used two pack or cellulose?
Or was it aerosol?

Either way, looks good.

Drove mine today..........went to Farnborough and bought a 3m length of waste pipe that curiously fitted in the cabrio much better than it would have done in the mk4 :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Looks good.
Any special additive for the plastic? Do you have a compressor and used two pack or cellulose?
Or was it aerosol?

Either way, looks good.

Drove mine today..........went to Farnborough and bought a 3m length of waste pipe that curiously fitted in the cabrio much better than it would have done in the mk4 :cool:
Believe it not it was rattle cans all the way like the other recent matte and satins on here... sanded down to get all the lacquer off, then took time doing an even job of keying it followed by about 5 thin coats. no primer as i didnt take the original paint back enough to warrant it. Body kit done the same.. the purpose was to see how it stood in weather and how it looked. kit can bend without paint cracking so pretty happy with the result so far. Rain beads off OK and have found that Mer polish is the best/easiest polish to keep it nice.

Ha ha Cabby FTW.... did you have it under the roll bar and on the screen!?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
 :shocked: at matt black but looks ok.

All red rear lamps would look better

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
looking good,  -  i must have missed the aquirement of the rims  :huh:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
:shocked: at matt black but looks ok.

All red rear lamps would look better
well i did the rears a long time ago, they look rough as they are cracked so have tape on them to stop water getting in! i have another set of OEM for her... may do all red, may do same but not so dark... not sure yet.  Yeah the paint was a tough call for me, i loved the gloss when it was in good order but now i have all new panels to go up front and too many dings and faults to correct.  cant afford a full respray this year, just want to get it on the road and looking straight again.

looking good,  -  i must have missed the aquirement of the rims  :huh:
Thanks!.... that happend here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=152606.msg1434625#msg1434625 thanks to tony_ack.  :smiley:

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
I can't see the pictures as im at work at the moment but I have a genuine Vag 4 lamp grill and I want a single if you want to swap just the inner part? I got hit by a deer and it smashed my single up so I had to throw this twin on for now.  What grill are you running atm mate?
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
That a bloody good effort! The whole lot going matt?
:)