Author Topic: headunit problem  (Read 885 times)

Offline mart08uk

• GTI forum regular
headunit problem
« on: 20 February 2009, 17:59 »
hello, got a mk4 golf S reg, brought it with just the standard cassette/radio player after fitting some cd players and getting confused because no sound came from them, now i have a sony Xplod one that i have brought second hand. New problem  :sad: after about half an hour driving i went to remove the cd player so i could properly fit it in the support cage etc, and noticed how HOT the back had gotten, so i was wondering if i should be worried about this or is it normal for them to get hot like this. It is hot mainly at the back where the plugs come out and slightly on the top and bottom... I dont want to risk it setting fire to my new car  :sad:  :grin:

Thanks in advance  :smiley:

Offline mart08uk

• GTI forum regular
Re: headunit problem
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2009, 20:27 »
im quite sure it wont melt the wires, but i havent had it up "loud" so i presume it will get hotter??

Offline wampablo

• Here all the time
  • 2nd mk4
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2009, 20:30 »
they do get hot this is because of the internal amp like any amplifier of any sort house or car the current running through it will cause a nice warm fuzzy feeling lol, besides it will have a thermal cut off so if it gets too hot it will just shut off

Offline mart08uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2009, 20:48 »
ok cheers mate ill leave it in and hopefully have no probs  :smiley: