Author Topic: Blaupunkt Kingston anyone??  (Read 876 times)

Offline ABOO

• I live here
Blaupunkt Kingston anyone??
« on: 24 December 2008, 10:16 »
Is anyone on here running the above unit? Have been offered one by a mate at a bargain price :smiley:
Seems a really good unit and is in top condition. How does anyone with one find it? Also how good a match is it for blue mk4, air-con [not climate] dash?
Cheers, Kev....... :smiley:
2001 aum 1.8T

Offline Ruji

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Golf GTi 8v (96) Anniversary Edition
Re: Blaupunkt Kingston anyone??
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2009, 21:25 »
Dont own onebut have had a play with one and fitted many.
Theyr good units. It has a large colour spectrum to choose from to customise the scheme to dash colour schemes. Has a front loader 3.5mm line in jack and also a rear attached USB loader with extension cord that you can route sumwher to the front either glove box or other.
also has average power output 4 x 45watts which is good enough for the average speaker setup in majority of cars today.
Also is both ordinary and MP3 CD compatible for both types of CD playback.
The usual detachable faceoff as per normal.
Dont be fooled by the comment "bluetooth ready" it actually just means you can buy an additional same branded accessory that plugs into this unit to give you bluetooth properties for mobile phone use and also wireless audio streaming from your phone.
If its going cheap from your mate then I say why not, so longas its all in god working order, it matches the functions of the majority of units out on the market now anyway!?

Hope that helps
Why pay big bucks when you can do it yourself???
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/rujiboy/WheelRefurbishmentProcess1.jpg
sig pic too large, see forum guidelines - admin