Author Topic: Finally bought myself a GTI!!!  (Read 1389 times)

thinker_monkey

Finally bought myself a GTI!!!
« on: 26 October 2017, 09:49 »
Morning Everyone,

So after waiting about 6 to 7 years after owning multiple Japanese cars (an EP3 Type-R which was the best of the bunch I owned) along with having a few company and also wanting a GTI since 2010, I am the proud owner of a white MK6 Golf GTI!

I took a while and I suppose the reason I waited so long was that because I had company cars I got lazy, plus for a while I got pretty disenchanted with car culture as a whole. But after attending a a few car shows with friends, I can firmly say the petrolhead in me (which never really left) has been re-ignited and all the carbon deposits have been flushed out!!!

Anyway enough about that, here is a pic I took after a quick clean:

I've not got a massive amount of plans for it although I do have a small list and things I've done so far are:
- Full Service with health check
- New NGK Spark Plugs (for some reason the previous person had put three Bosch plugs and one NGK???)
- A new set of R8 Coilpacks
- A K&N Panel Filter
- LED interior light swap

The car is currently in the garage having a new radiator put in as it was found after the health check that there was a small crack developing on the old one, so getting that sorted before winter sets in. Also as a side note, this car has had a re-built engine as the old one had a timing chain tensioner go on it two owners ago whilst it was in for a service at VW. And VW footed the bill for the whole repair.

Will post more pics and posts with questions as there are few things I need to find out from you lovely people. Excited to be there.
« Last Edit: 26 October 2017, 10:18 by thinker_monkey »

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
Re: Finally bought myself a GTi!!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2017, 10:13 »
Congrats!
Oh, and it's GTI   :wink:
« Last Edit: 26 October 2017, 10:19 by Splashalot »
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

thinker_monkey

Re: Finally bought myself a GTi!!!
« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2017, 10:16 »
Congrats!
Oh and it's GTI ;-)

Noted, thanks  :smiley: