Author Topic: Hi There!  (Read 2453 times)

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
Re: Hi There!
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2010, 18:19 »
Hello and welcome
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.

Offline minimadmotorman

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2017, 15:59 »
Well we've just bought this car back after selling it in 2014.

We originally bought the car back in 2010 and my OH ran it as her daily until 2014 when we discovered we were going to be having twins!

It was sold to a friends brother who's done quite a bit of work that it was getting ready for, we instantly regretted the sale but at the time it was necessary.

The chap who bought along with his family runs a brill body shop and while he had it did the following:-

It had a tiny patch of rust on passenger door sill step when we bought it which was getting bigger, this has been cut out and replaced and repainted, the bodykit has been off and the inevitable rust behind them cut out replaced and repainted the arches had to be tweaked to get the p-slots in too when it was lowered, it's also had a light coat of underseal on the underside.

The rear axle was removed and had its bushes replaced and powder coated, new front arms, front & rear discs & pads, coilovers, bottom ball joints, track rod ends, rear engine mount, aux belts, new water pump, new clutch kit, new sump and gasket.

I've probably missed some bits!

The paint that you can actually see on the car is almost all original from the 90's so it does have a few minor marks here and there but as you can see she's still very presentable.

It will need the windscreen out and a repair to the leading edge of the roof at some point, so we will probably have the roof panel sprayed next year. We knew about this before we sold the car as we had a new windscreen in late 2012 and at the screen fitter sealed it with some rust preventing primer/paint prior to replacing the screen and it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse in the last 5 years.

I'd like to get the mudflaps back on it if possible but not sure if it will be too low for them. I'll have to source some too as I don't think the last owner has them anymore.

Might swap the suspension back to Bilstein B4's and Eibach 30mm springs as the ride is a bit bobby with the coilovers on.

Something I can say though is that it's good to have her back!

Let the pics do the talking:-

And just in case we want a more original look:-

Offline bertaluk

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 19 October 2017, 09:12 »
Heym guys. I am new one here. How are you? I am Berta freelancer copywriter, and coffee maniac.  Living 24 yers in London.
I am freelancer copywriter and coffee lover. Check my newest work : https://www.thecoffeemate.co.uk