Author Topic: Key fob not working....Help!  (Read 819 times)

Offline Godzilla

• I live here
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
Key fob not working....Help!
« on: 19 August 2014, 00:19 »
I have searched Google and on here but as yet with no joy. This is what I found on Google which someone in the same position as me put up.............

Key fob not working after replacing battery
My key fob for the central locking does not lock or unlock the doors or boot or seemingly do anything. It became gradually weaker so I replaced the batteries but no luck. I'm having to unlock the passenger door manually then put the key in the ignition to turn the alarm off.

Before I ring the garage, is there anything simple I'm missing?

Re: Key fob not working after replacing battery
does the little red diode bulb on the keyfob come on when press the lock/unlock button on the fob?.

if it does't the the keyfob battery is faulty..

if it does,then you will need to synch. your keyfob to the car,the instructions on how to do this are is the owners manual if you got one.

Ok.....So my little red light is showing so it seems I need to re-synch my key fob, but it seems from more reading you need 2 keys to do this as one of the keys needs to be in the ignition......I only have one key for my car.....Any ideas if I can re-synch my key and how with one key?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline WadGTI

• Here all the time
  • Golf GTI'er
Re: Key fob not working....Help!
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2014, 11:41 »
I seen this post a while back. Worth a try.
Edit...oops just notcied you said you only had one key

VW/AUDI/SEAT/SKODA

Remote Control Programming (1997 ON)
Procedure
1. Switch Ignition ON and leave the key in the ignition.

2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second
key.

3. Using the remote control press the Unlock button once, and the horn
will sound once.

4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the coding
procedure. The remote control will now be programmed.

NOTE : When performing programming on additional remotes the procedure
is the same, except you press the unlock button 2, 3 or 4 times for the
different remote.

For example : If programming 2 remotes press the unlock button twice with
a 1 second interval between each press, repeat for 3 and 4 remotes.

5. Switch Ignition OFF.

6. Remove key from ignition and check for operation.

7. The coding procedure can be repeated up to 4 times for additional remotes.

8. The ignition must be switched OFF between programming each remote
control.
« Last Edit: 19 August 2014, 11:44 by WadGTI »

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2014, 12:47 »
sounds daft but are you sure its the correct battery? I took mine to Timpsons for a new one and it was a different code, they look the same but have different voltages etc, I think I ended up going to VW in the end
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline jbonwick95

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2014, 15:29 »
i had the same last night and realising that every one online or through videos online were saying you need to have 2 keys one in ignition and the other in the lock but i thought id give it a go all except the putting the ignition on as i too only have one key so i put my key fob into the drivers door and unlocked the car manually then left the key in the door and pressed the unlock button for 5-10 seconds then turned the key to unlock the car then locked it again with key took key out and tried it an luckily it worked i may have just been a bit lucky let me know how you get on if you havnt sorted yet