Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 318077 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #190 on: 06 May 2013, 08:49 »
Oh dear,  now I gotta come up with the cash 2 months earlier!

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #191 on: 06 May 2013, 08:54 »
Why, when were you expecting yours Bear?  I'm still going by the August time-frame.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #192 on: 06 May 2013, 09:51 »
I am new to this forum having up to this point owned 4 Civic Type-R 's.  However as soon as the books opened on March 26th I ordered a Golf GTI Performance, in Oryx White, Pro Sat Nav, Reversing Camera etc,. I was originally told I would have a build week of Week 20.  Then I was told out of the blue that VW want to fit another component as standard to the cars called ADC (Auto Distance Control) but as a result the Build Date would be put back to August.  The Franchise I ordered the car through are also having to wait until a speculated September delivery before they can get their Demo Car? 

I was also told that if you have the performance pack being fitted you were eligable to having the ADC fitted standard.  But if you were having the base spec GTI then you would retain your original build week and not have ADC fitted.

I find this a bit weird how so late in the day they can decide to place ADC on the cars as standard and then delay build dates for orders they already have placed for cars.  Something is not quite adding up right? 

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #193 on: 06 May 2013, 10:03 »
Welcome Brenbo, and I think you are just on the receiving end of a dealer that doesn't quite know the full story.  If you put all of our experiences together, you wouldn't place an order! lol
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #194 on: 06 May 2013, 10:08 »
Yeah, doesn't sound right to me mate, as far as we're aware the dealer demo cars are being built prior to wk22 so they should be in the dealerships in june, ADC is standard on the GTI/D regardless of spec so him saying it's that that has put your build back to august is rubbish! VW are saying that there are issues with the build planning system atm that they know about and are trying to fix, they say that the builds will be done by order number apparently.

Welcome btw! :afro:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #195 on: 06 May 2013, 11:37 »
Thanks for your replies

I thought it all sounded a bit suss!  When I ordered the car I am driving at present (Civic Type-R Championship White) I had to wait about 2 months to delivery.  I thought it would be something more like ordering systems being corrupt rather than the manufacturer deciding to add more equipment standard so late in the day, which would be the culprit of delaying the build week.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #196 on: 06 May 2013, 12:59 »
Yeah welcome Brenbo... Loving the CTR!!! Especially the Champion White Edition... Rare as hens teeth.

It's shocking what excuses the dealers are coming up with.  When I pressed mine for a build date last week, he basically told me he was more than 'Happy' to give me one... But then in the same sentence said there wasnt any point as it wouldn't tell me anything more than he already knew.. Which wasn't a lot!!!  :laugh:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #197 on: 06 May 2013, 15:40 »
Thanks for your replies

I thought it all sounded a bit suss!  When I ordered the car I am driving at present (Civic Type-R Championship White) I had to wait about 2 months to delivery.  I thought it would be something more like ordering systems being corrupt rather than the manufacturer deciding to add more equipment standard so late in the day, which would be the culprit of delaying the build week.

Welcome Brenbo! Cornwall eh? I buzz down through Cornwall every couple of weeks, in fact I was in Newlyn on Saturday.
CTR is a pretty focussed machine, the GTI will certainly be different (much less revs and much more torque!).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #198 on: 06 May 2013, 17:13 »
I have absolutely loved owning the Civic Type-R's. The high rev naturally aspirated engine will definitely be a different experience to the Golf, which I feel is going to be a fantastic change.  The power is all at the top end on the Civic's so to have a Golf GTi with more power at the bottom end, and a lot more Torque to boot will make driving a bit more exciting and refreshing.  I do have to say the Civic is still putting a smile on my face, but I cannot wait to get my hands on the GTI.  I also live in North Cornwall so most of you guys probably go straight past where I live if as you go down the A30 in to Cornwall. 

Also many thanks for making me feel welcome to the GTI forum.   

The way I feel at present with the build week thing, is to be honest a bit confused?  Is it going to be a case of us all waiting in limbo for a more accurate date to appear one day?  I am just glad I have all the cash for the car already saved and in a bank account to pay for it whenever it appears.  So if it's next week, next month or September like I am being told.  I will have the money to pay for it. 

As mentioned earlier I did not experience this with Honda on ordering the Championship White.  It was just a case of going in, ordering the car, getting a date there and then as I payed the deposit and then that was it until it was delivered on the day I was told.  So straight forward, easy and fuss free.  Why can't VW make the process as easy and accurate as Honda can.

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #199 on: 06 May 2013, 17:51 »
Week 25. (update from dealer)

Apparently the system updates are now done.

When is week 25? Mid June?
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.