Author Topic: External temp sensor.  (Read 1225 times)

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
External temp sensor.
« on: 16 October 2016, 16:07 »
Could someone with access to a spare parts list let me know the correct part number for the little sensor bit which sits behind the lower grill section on my 2000 model Mk4.

It's the bit which plugs into the end of the lead...mine got knocked off after a messy collision with a partridge just the other day!

Any info will be much appreciated...local VW dealer just laughs and says 'buy a new car' ...from him, of course.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
Re: External temp sensor.
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2016, 16:31 »
Great!!!

Thanks very much.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2016, 19:15 »
Ordered, paid, delivered, fitted....all good.

Thanks again Bazz. 

:smiley:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2016, 19:29 »
Ordered, paid, delivered, fitted....all good.

Thanks again Bazz. 

:smiley:
Your welcome hope you get it sorted  :smiley:

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2016, 20:23 »
Seems to be working well at the moment. A calibrated thermometer sitting on the bumper while the car is sitting in the shade returns the same reading as the interior display, a 10 mile drive with the thermometer taped to my side mirror came within about .5 of a degree variance....that's good enough for me.

Cheers