Author Topic: What is everyones most driving mode setting. Eco, Comfort, Sport or Individual  (Read 7297 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Having spent the last seven years in mk7's i can tell you for sure that there are a surprisingly large amount of differences in the finer points of the mk8.

And so far only a handful of people have them so there's not much crowd knowledge yet.

Definitely your finding here is as significant as Brocky and his lane assist magic button  :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
Well that's 3 things new altogether then. This exhaust popping. Left hand blinker button for lane assist and shortcut on drop down on inform system for quicker add for ESC. Wonder what I can spot today 😂. I've been dreaming about GTI's all night it's killing me how that controls the exhaust noise

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
I think the only way to discover what they've done with that noise setting is to look at the mechanic training guide. It will be in there i am certain.

I've no idea where those are to be found though, I presume when I've found them before someone had been naughty and uploaded them to the Internet.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Interesting discovery with the ‘real’ exhaust sound.
I wonder if there is a way of disconnecting the fake amplifier that still allows the real exhaust to do the same thing in Sport Exhaust setting.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
Interesting discovery with the ‘real’ exhaust sound.
I wonder if there is a way of disconnecting the fake amplifier that still allows the real exhaust to do the same thing in Sport Exhaust setting.

I'm sure there is a way mate. I've just been on a bit of drive all warmed up on quiet country road and tried again and 100% needs to be on Sport engine for to pop, so I think if the soundkator is disabled I'm sure it would sound much better with the real engine noise 😎. I would thought if anything was going to control that it would be sport drive but nope it's engine noise and should be renamed engine and exhaust pop 😂

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
I wondered if it had a soundaktor but it definitely does because i can see the controller in obdeleven.

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
I wondered if it had a soundaktor but it definitely does because i can see the controller in obdeleven.

Can  it be disabled using that Fred ?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
Hmmm maybe. I've not seen anyone talking about doing it for a mk8 yet but possibly.

I'm not sure whether all of the settings are protected by sfd or just some. If it is behind sfd then definitely not.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
It's definitely the same controller id as the mk7, it's a j869.

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
It's definitely the same controller id as the mk7, it's a j869.

Hmm interesting, I think I would love to turn mine off