Author Topic: New GTI orders being taken by vw  (Read 3090 times)

Rain

New GTI orders being taken by vw
« on: 23 August 2004, 22:04 »
got this today new website especially for gti

Because of unprecedented interest in the car, we have decided to open orders before the launch data.

With a sophisticated sports suspension set up, a new 2.0 Turbo FSI 200 PS engine and a recommended retail price starting at under ?20,000, we hope you'll agree it's the best we have ever built.

Orders will be placed on a first come first serve basis, so if you want to be one of the first to drive this car next year, go to www.newgolfgti.co.uk to configure your GTI now.

Offline aixlad

• Just got here
Re: New GTI orders being taken by vw
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2004, 22:55 »
I see it will also be available with the 160bhp TD1 engine (out of the SEAT Ibiza), how disappointing is that?  Surely they could have offered a 180+ bhp diesel alternative considering this car is just ?5 short of ?20k.

And why offer 17" and 18" alloys (+?900 !!!) in the same style?

I just spec'ed up a 3-door with big wheels, CD Changer and Metallic paint, this came in at an eye watering  ?21,625.  Staggering........... ::)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2004, 23:04 »
it's not cheap but you get what you pay for. mk2 16v gti's at the end of 92 where what about 15k? how many are still about and how many say, astra gte's do you see?

mk3 vr6's? not cheap by any means.

bought an r32 a couple of years back? how much have you lost? next to nothing :)

agree with the alloys comment, should come with the 18's as standard for your 20k
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Rain

« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2004, 14:21 »
the standard 6 speed gear box is suppose to do 0-60 in 6.2 but www.vw.co.uk says 6.9 just have to wait and see.

wait for them custom remaps :D 250+

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2004, 23:30 »
I can't see it doing 6's to 60. I thought it was 7.4 or something equally embarasing. it is tipping the scales around 1400kg now ain't it?

I can't believe they said it was teh best they'd ever built, but then again they really have got to sell this one to keep the badge alive. as I once read recently. if it wasn't for the people like us with our older models the gti would of died out ages ago.
Mk4 Golf 150PD