Author Topic: (Rich) Peoples Car?  (Read 8269 times)

Offline rega3

• Not said much yet
Re: (Rich) Peoples Car?
« Reply #20 on: 18 March 2005, 22:23 »
First post, so go easy on me ok!

I have a MK5 Gti on order after having both an Ibiza Cupra and Leon Cupra, and after test driving the MK5 there is no doubt in  my mind that the MK5 is well worth the money, and I can tell you I paid more than the ?20k price tag you guys have in the UK!

Don't get me wrong , the SEAT brand has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years, as has Skoda, but when it comes to trade in time, I know which one I'd rather have. Add this to the fact that the new shape Leon is out at the end of the year and Cupra and CupraR prices will fall even further.

I simply could not believe the lack of turbo lag in the MK5 compared to the Leon, all the way through the range. It is a fantastic car. Expensive but worth the money.

Offline carrie

• Here all the time
  • i can see into your soul and its not good
Re: (Rich) Peoples Car?
« Reply #21 on: 18 March 2005, 22:54 »
? If you had ?50k in your piggy bank, you really would not consider a Phaeton because it's just a big Passatt (like a Skoda Superb), neither would you have a Toureg, you'd have a Range Rover.? Just where are VW trying to place themselves with their high priced branding??

and the rest now try speccing it up to anywhere near the sort of stuff that should be on a car of its supposed class

SAY YOU LOVE SATIN?, NO SATAN, ITS SATAN