Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374444 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: SoundillusioN - Black From The Dead
« Reply #10 on: 23 April 2010, 19:02 »
loving this.

them 3 spokes are 100 percent anteras too
  Thats it!... you got it, gonna correct my previous quote to Wayne!.. you're not telling me you like the wheels though surly!... their funny actually, the valve for them is in the center and fills the tyre though a spoke! I can't believe peeps are only noticing this car now, just shows that most dont pay attention to the projects pages and play here instead. more interactive... lovin it!  :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #11 on: 23 April 2010, 19:08 »
Italian wheels From 1992!!!  :grin: Antera Type 109

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #12 on: 23 April 2010, 19:12 »
Started removing covers as they have seen better days....

Cambelt Cover

Bit of hard graft!

Cam cover, I'm hoping my mate who is a whizz on Photoshop can replicate the sticker, its going to get sanded off, its all flakey now anyway!

Got carried away and started rubbing down and painting other bits too.... its all looking a lot cleaner now  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #13 on: 23 April 2010, 19:13 »
Whilst avoiding doing the electrics I went on a rust hunt, this car was very heavily waxoiled early on in life but after standing for so long the rear valance is shot... got the grinder out to get rid of the rust and paint it to stop it spreading, it hasnt spread to the arches yet and want to keep it that way.

Found a repair panel on ebay for 20 notes and it was 5 minutes away from where i live!.. its been sat in a garage for a while but stripped down and painted it will do the job nicely... I'm hoping a mate from work can do the welding for me when its ready.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #14 on: 23 April 2010, 19:13 »
Avoiding the rewiring once more i noticed the starter motor looked rough so thought i'd better give it some TLC.

:sad:

:smiley:
« Last Edit: 21 August 2012, 00:37 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2010, 19:14 »
OK so I have started putting the new looms in (loosly untill i'm happy everything is right)..  got a bit of an issue with a few of the wires that are not part of the main fusebox connection blocks.. I posted here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=149458.0 if anyone can help.  :smiley:

Oh and yey!!! 5 Star I live here status!... is that good or bad!?
« Last Edit: 23 April 2010, 19:19 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #16 on: 23 April 2010, 19:16 »
Shes Alive!!!!!!  :shocked:  :grin:

it was almost as if i'd never stripped it all out.... almost....

as far as bay electrics go i just chucked it all in to see if i could get her running... sadly the first attempt failed.  advise from kraM and rubjonny helped me out... not 100% sure what the issue was but in true windows style, unplugged it all and plugged it back in again and off she went.  probably a couple of bad connections in the back of the fuse box. I have 2 fuel pump relays, one that primes and one that doesnt, so fitted the one that does.  still got a way to go with the electrics... i have started to fit it all nicely now and have spotted a few things that still dont seem right which i keep posted here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=149458.0 so if you can help then let me know.

heres the total of what i had to remove from the car that isnt VAG

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2010, 19:24 »
Well thats it.. all up to date on Dub Rides.. watch this space and please feel free to comment!  I owe it to this car to get her back on the road! Retro Styleeeeee!  :cool: on a very tight budget  :sad:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #18 on: 23 April 2010, 19:32 »
Good work dude, you've got more patience than me  :laugh:

Can't wait to see it up and running again  :cool:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #19 on: 23 April 2010, 19:39 »