Author Topic: Trackday, Croft, 1st July  (Read 3362 times)

Offline malross

• Just got here
Trackday, Croft, 1st July
« on: 02 June 2004, 19:50 »
Hi all,

Is anyone else on here attending the trackday at Croft on 1st July, organised by Robertshaw Racing? It's a full-day, open pitlane affair (meaning 6+ hours' track time) for a maximum price of ?150. The price comes down if more than 30 cars sign up for it too, though I think only about 15 are registered at the moment.

The day was initially just promoted on a Mini owners' site, as the organiser races in the John Cooper Challenge series, but it's being promoted more widely now and the Golfs of all ages would fit in very nicely with the general pace of cars attending. I'm a Mini owner myself, but I'd love to follow another MkII GTI round a circuit. Last time I did was at Rockingham in January and the guy was on 3 wheels for most of the lap - highly entertaining stuff! :)

Overall, I doubt there'll be a better value for money trackday going at this time of year. So... anyone up for it? :)

Cheers,

Mal.

P.S. You can register and put down a ?40 deposit at http://www.robertshawracing.com - just look for the Track Days link at the left of the page.
« Last Edit: 03 June 2004, 20:37 by malross »

Offline malross

• Just got here
Re:Hot hatch trackday, Croft, 1st July
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2004, 19:55 »
P.S. Actually, my brother's a MkII GTI owner (userid: daros), but I can't see him ever getting the car on 3 wheels... (waits for the bait to be taken... ;))

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
  • Freelance Web Design, Logo Design etc email me
Re: Trackday, Croft, 1st July
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2005, 15:10 »
im going but i dont know if my car will be worthy of the track and also i cant afford the insurance

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2005, 15:24 »
Humm tempting, but which car?

Should really be the mini as it's built to race!

Offline Hedfree

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2005, 19:28 »
sounds like fun :smiley:.......................................................................

but i cant afford to go round the track, so ill be there, watching :cry:
would be good to put a few faces to the names too if any1 is going to be turning up?

stu
Mk2 2.0 8v GTI, nicely modded with original vag parts

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2005, 11:44 »
HHHMMMMMMMMM think this would if i can get my shed sorted for then a good day out ,

with any luck ill be seein everyone there  :evil:

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
  • Freelance Web Design, Logo Design etc email me
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2005, 14:34 »
hope so  :laugh: