Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 148027 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR
« Reply #540 on: 21 August 2012, 12:11 »
Still fighting engine troubles. But I'm winning another battle.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #541 on: 06 September 2012, 13:14 »
Any one use standalone on a supercharged setup? If so. talk to me please!

edition2012 113 by luke.pappin, on Flickr

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
« Reply #542 on: 06 September 2012, 16:51 »
Do you want to go standalone? An OEM system can take boost why not go chip/remap on that?
« Last Edit: 07 September 2012, 07:56 by tshirt2k »

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #543 on: 07 September 2012, 00:03 »
Matts back tomoro :)
Just plain dubbin

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #544 on: 07 September 2012, 10:46 »
Need to see more of this car!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #545 on: 07 September 2012, 11:40 »
I cant be bothered with the work arounds. VR6  ecu's were not built to take boost originally so any thing you try to do with it to make it take boost, it only a work around, not an actual solution.

With standalone it takes away all need for open loop maps and a massive bonus is I don't need to run a MAF. I have massive issues with space down in the wing and the MAF needs to be as far away from the recirc on the inlet as possible. Most people run a massive pipe all the way from the charger under teh chassis legs to the gear box! Thats ridiculous!!

If stand alone doesn't work out, Il be going with Matt from United as I have only heard good things about the software, but in this case, standalone is my top answer right now. Although not the cheapest it seems.

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #546 on: 07 September 2012, 11:54 »
Emerald?

Might be worth ringing parsons performance..

Also funkyfive on here had a sipercharged vr6 helpfull guy

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #547 on: 07 September 2012, 13:20 »
At the moment I'm looking at DTA s60. I've used it before a couple of years ago for a c20LET lump and it was great. Looking to re purpose the ecu (since the engine seizes about 2 years ago!) in this with a new loom. Will probably be taking it to Track and Road in Essex also since we used them last time and they seem to really know what they are doing.

Emerald looks good but if I went DTA, I basically have use of an ECU for an unlimited amount of time on loan from my brother ;) I'm hoping that works out to him giving up and just letting me take it of his hands for cheap.

If all the above fails. Itl be a united Motorsport map but I don't want to be dealing with the massive ball ache of the inlet/MAF setup. Its mad.

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #548 on: 08 September 2012, 12:38 »
Id just take it to matt if the man can run a r36 in a mk4 with a turbo on oem manegment and also built and mapped the phirms 24v supercharged on oem manegment with no probs i no wher emy money would be
Just plain dubbin

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #549 on: 09 September 2012, 00:22 »
The issue is MAF placement. There is literally no where I can think I can route it for it to work and being honest, Matt has been next to useless in giving me any sort of idea how he would do it in a mk2 other than tell me he knows exactly what is needed in order for it to work. Helpful. Understand he is away though so might be just geting lost in email.

really, the standalone is a fix for not having to use a MAF. I just cant see how its going to work in just physical routing on the piping.