Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 147900 times)

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #350 on: 16 August 2011, 16:30 »
not thought of hiring a trailor? or if you can find a flatbed for hire i can drive that as i have an hgv license.

or do it yaself? i wouldnt mind giving you a hand, bromley was my old stomping ground lol - then i could be cheeky in borrowing your compressor for a few bits i need doing lol  :laugh:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #351 on: 16 August 2011, 16:38 »
Trouble is - im looking at the same sort of money to hire a trailer mate. by the the time you add petrol (it would be towed with a 3.5ltr shogun) so im really going to be looking at the same kind of money.

Il see what I can come up with. Got another guy coming to take a look at where the engine bay is on Friday or Saturday so Il see if he comes out cheaper. He is much much closer. I still have a little bit of welding to do, thats why I am trying to save my pennies a little as I need to get that finished up before I give it to any one to paint/paint it myself.

Thanks for the offer though mate. To be honest - If you could get the car over there and back again, Id GIVE you the compressor + cash haha!

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
« Reply #352 on: 16 August 2011, 16:41 »
Trouble is - im looking at the same sort of money to hire a trailer mate. by the the time you add petrol (it would be towed with a 3.5ltr shogun) so im really going to be looking at the same kind of money.

Il see what I can come up with. Got another guy coming to take a look at where the engine bay is on Friday or Saturday so Il see if he comes out cheaper. He is much much closer. I still have a little bit of welding to do, thats why I am trying to save my pennies a little as I need to get that finished up before I give it to any one to paint/paint it myself.

Thanks for the offer though mate. To be honest - If you could get the car over there and back again, Id GIVE you the compressor + cash haha!

ill get me thinking cap on looooool, if i think iof anything ill let you know mate!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #353 on: 16 August 2011, 16:47 »
Let me know mate. They would need the car for four days. so id need to drop it off, leave it for around a week maximum I would say, then pick it back up again to drop the SC VR in. This wouldn't be happening for about another month I would say. I need to raise the funds first.

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
« Reply #354 on: 16 August 2011, 16:50 »
Let me know mate. They would need the car for four days. so id need to drop it off, leave it for around a week maximum I would say, then pick it back up again to drop the SC VR in. This wouldn't be happening for about another month I would say. I need to raise the funds first.

no probs mate ill see whats about  :wink:

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #355 on: 19 August 2011, 12:13 »
Why don't u get aa cover and brake down round the corner then don't they have to tow you to a garage of ur choice ???
Just plain dubbin

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #356 on: 19 August 2011, 12:23 »
I reckon they would suspect something is up if there is no engine in the front mate haha.

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #357 on: 19 August 2011, 12:32 »
Haha oh yeah

That brackets still hear if u need it
Just plain dubbin

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #358 on: 19 August 2011, 13:35 »
haha

Cheers mate - possibly, thanks for that.  You dont know of any one that can spray do you? Looking for some one that wouldn't mind spraying the bay up for my and doing some of the prep for it for a couple of hundred quid.

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
« Reply #359 on: 19 August 2011, 17:46 »
my mate body sprays prestige cars on the south coast, ill have a word with him for ya