Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 146985 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #340 on: 15 August 2011, 10:38 »
Nice find... I could really do with one of those...

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #341 on: 15 August 2011, 11:19 »
Worth it bud - Ive not used it for anything productive yet, but being able to just blow sh!t off your working area is just better than having to wipe it off  :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #342 on: 15 August 2011, 11:26 »
Worth it bud - Ive not used it for anything productive yet, but being able to just blow sh!t off your working area is just better than having to wipe it off  :grin:

:grin:  I used to have hoover that could blow!  :laugh:

I want one for painting!,,,,, Make my life so much easier!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #343 on: 15 August 2011, 11:47 »
The whole reason I got one is so I could do the paint in my engine bay my self. Even now though, Im still sending off for quotes for someone else to do it. haha.

I guess Im hoping for a quote to come back for literaly prep and paint under 500. I know it wont happen but if it does, I will jump at it I think.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #344 on: 15 August 2011, 15:00 »
The whole reason I got one is so I could do the paint in my engine bay my self. Even now though, Im still sending off for quotes for someone else to do it. haha.

I guess Im hoping for a quote to come back for literaly prep and paint under 500. I know it wont happen but if it does, I will jump at it I think.

Under 500 is definately possible.. i read in a magazine last month about smoothed bays and its £500 for a starter one (prep paint and tuck loom) and about £1000 for a top of the range one with everything smoothed and tucked keep looking there are probably companies out there that do this kind of thing
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #345 on: 15 August 2011, 16:42 »
Well il see what kind of quotes I get back. For me its now the time and effort. I just want it finished for November ish so I get maybe a month of good use out of it without it being freezing cold and being used through the winter - so no fun basically!

That's another thing to decide! Put it back on the road and use as a daily again - or leave it off the road until next year? I dont think I can handle not having it any longer!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #346 on: 16 August 2011, 14:20 »
Just had a quote back of 385. VERY happy with that. What I am not happy with is the cost of transporting the car. Now trying to figure that out.... Looking to make that rolling road day after all. Lets hope!

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #347 on: 16 August 2011, 16:14 »
do you not have any buddies that could help transport the car for some beer tokens ??
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline dansmk3

• Here all the time
  • FULL TIME JUNGLIST
« Reply #348 on: 16 August 2011, 16:18 »
where you gotta go to mate?

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #349 on: 16 August 2011, 16:23 »
Ive got an A frame I can use, but as the car is un-taxed and un MOT'd all 4 wheels need to be off the floor. When you have come this far with investing this amount of your own time in a car I dont really want to just risk A framing it.

It would be from Bromley - to Buckingham shire. Just the other side of the m25. SL9 is the post code. The guys that would do the paint gave me a quote of  'Around 90 from Bromley to SL9' but couldn't get me a price on the journey back. I dont think i'm prepared to fork out 200 for it to be honest - Id rather find somewhere closer...