Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 148086 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #330 on: 03 August 2011, 16:18 »
well then tell us Mario!  :grin:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #331 on: 03 August 2011, 16:21 »
So your building a hybrid :grin:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #332 on: 03 August 2011, 16:25 »

Haha - I like that! Not quite haha. Proven 280 BHP ;) Should pull a bit more with current set up.... should be a giggle! Looking to be on the road by end of November latest. I just need to get my engine bay finished up and preped for paint. Paint it my self then get it in around end of September time.

When's the next forum rolling road day?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #333 on: 03 August 2011, 16:28 »

Haha - I like that! Not quite haha. Proven 280 BHP ;) Should pull a bit more with current set up.... should be a giggle! Looking to be on the road by end of November latest. I just need to get my engine bay finished up and preped for paint. Paint it my self then get it in around end of September time.

Charged VR then  :undecided:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #334 on: 03 August 2011, 16:33 »
How can super mario and a battery charger not go together? haha

That'l be the one.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #335 on: 03 August 2011, 17:41 »

1st of October at The Doc's place in Manchester :wink:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #336 on: 04 August 2011, 14:22 »
Not sure if I will make that- might be a little too early!

Well... It all comes out....AGAIN(!) this weekend. Planning to start stripping back all the paint and finish removing the sealant in the places I need to.

Its just now a case of figuring out if I rattle can the bay (not keen), use an electric sprey gun I have been offered the use of (not keen) oorr....fork out hideous amount of cash to get the car trailered over to a garage and spray it up using a compressor all my self. Then to only need it tailoring back to the drive to finish up installing everything. (..........really not keen...)

I'm feeling the electric gun just to get some paint back in the bay. After all - this most likely will be run through winter so I'm sticking my middle finger up to the condition of my paint work for a few months (whilst trying to look after it as much as I can!) whilst I have some fun with the golf again. :wub: Now the bay is so open, I wont have any issues whipping the engine in and out on a weekend to give it a clean up.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #337 on: 12 August 2011, 14:27 »
Picked this little bad boy up on wednesday. Proper ebay bargain at £50! I had to take a little jaunt up to south birmingham (post riots!) to collect it so in total its cost me around £80 with diesel and food

24Lt (a little small, but can't argue with it for that kind of price) compressor with gravity fed spray gun, tyre pressure and air gun.  Just got to buy a few air sanders and grinders to get down the back of the turrets to smooth back welds then il be onto a winner.

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #338 on: 12 August 2011, 18:26 »
Dam you! Ive been on the lookout for a cheap compressor for aaaaaaaaaaaages, its bloody hard work finding one haha

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #339 on: 15 August 2011, 10:35 »
Yeah was a good buy. Im now just sourcing some air tools to grind the welds back behind the turrets. It will then be a case of nitromourse the whole engine bay and getting it as clean as possible. Then starting on the paint! Hoping to have the paint finished by end of august early September sometime. I should then have the engine with me for end of September. Bolt it all in. Drive for beginning of November/end of November?

Yesterday found that some one or something has caved in the whole front right wing of the golf. NOT impressed. Any one got a good condition black front right wing for sale?