Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 146985 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #180 on: 28 January 2011, 16:59 »
lol yeah. literally just over a year ago. The car would have been taxed for a year 1st jan.  I have a habbit of changing sh!t about annually with this car lol

Yeah new chains will be going on. I bought a set a few months ago ready to do it when the engine came out but i cant find them!  :undecided: :sick:

Hopefully il come across them in their 'safe place' soon.

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #181 on: 28 January 2011, 18:40 »
lol yeah. literally just over a year ago. The car would have been taxed for a year 1st jan.  I have a habbit of changing sh!t about annually with this car lol

Yeah new chains will be going on. I bought a set a few months ago ready to do it when the engine came out but i cant find them!  :undecided: :sick:

Hopefully il come across them in their 'safe place' soon.

you done chains before?

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #182 on: 29 January 2011, 13:16 »
nope. wont be too hard though

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #183 on: 31 January 2011, 13:43 »
Interior is now 100% stripped bar the heater stuff in the center/ the steering colomn. Will be needing as much as space as I can get behind the dash.
Only things left to pull up are the carpets.

No pictures as I forgot to take any :(

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #184 on: 06 February 2011, 18:51 »
More from a few hours today.  Sorry for sh!tty iphone pics

Took all my g60's off. don't want some chancer having these off the car while it sits for abit. Wernt going to get away with them quickly any way. Took me nearly 2 hours to hack away at all the tiger seal.

Lots stripped out:

Began tidying up the wiring loom inside. The alarm that was wired in was f**king everywhere. I'm still trying to tidy that up so i have some hope of putting it back in again.

Got the engine loom out. Only have the rear clusters left plugged into the fuse box at the moment so lots to put back!

Mid way through:

All the carpets are obviously up. I want to dynamat the whole floor pan now as the original underlay is not worth keeping. Only thing Im worried about is whether to run the engine loom under the dynamat inside or over the top... not sure how im going to run the loom at all inside but we will soon see. I have to do the same with the brake lines also.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #185 on: 07 February 2011, 20:38 »
Temp images untill my photobucket decides to come back

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #186 on: 07 February 2011, 22:47 »
 :shocked:

Just when I think, yeah that cars mint, looks great now it's all done and then this!

Fecking nightmare these "professional" fitted alarms.... I feel your pain, if you've seen my thread... can be a right mess :shocked:

Worth it though, it always feels good when you tidy things up, put things right and then in future you know where everything is should there ever be a problem!

I ended up binning everything inside and out of the car and starting again though.  :grin:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #187 on: 15 February 2011, 09:12 »
I don't honestly think Il ever be 'finished' ( what ever that means!) with this car. There will always be something  I want to do/try with it.

Yeah, the alarm is just so bad, its a professional guy that everyone recommended but its just a mess. I suppose there is no real tidy way of installing it however without stripping the car down and doing all the wires at the same time.

Thats pretty much what Im doing. going to bin all of the sound deadening and replace with with dynamat. hopefully new carpets etc etc etc. Its a case of, now its all out. Just do it.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #188 on: 15 February 2011, 11:27 »
I don't honestly think Il ever be 'finished' ( what ever that means!) with this car. There will always be something  I want to do/try with it.

Yeah, the alarm is just so bad, its a professional guy that everyone recommended but its just a mess. I suppose there is no real tidy way of installing it however without stripping the car down and doing all the wires at the same time.

Thats pretty much what Im doing. going to bin all of the sound deadening and replace with with dynamat. hopefully new carpets etc etc etc. Its a case of, now its all out. Just do it.

My car will probably be the same, will always tinker with it... that's the point with cars like this I suppose, otherwise you'd get bored....

I have a new alarm to go in mine... doing that myself this time so I know that it's tidy!

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #189 on: 15 February 2011, 13:40 »
you guys need a little (lighter gas) soldering iron then, just ordered myself one for my wiring  :sick:

good luck!

I don't think a semi will give the same results