Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 147724 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #120 on: 26 October 2010, 22:58 »
Hmmm. not really. I was doing some testing with my gobo mount again the other night so you can hear little snippets of it between the noise of the wind. Thats when it was blowing a little too. Il see if i can get anything during the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfIlA3yYTYE

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #121 on: 26 October 2010, 23:03 »
ha ha cool, wasnt expecting that, shame about the wind noise but good vid.

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #122 on: 26 October 2010, 23:27 »
Hmmm. not really. I was doing some testing with my gobo mount again the other night so you can hear little snippets of it between the noise of the wind. Thats when it was blowing a little too. Il see if i can get anything during the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfIlA3yYTYE

christ how much does that engine move?  :huh:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #123 on: 26 October 2010, 23:29 »
That was quite a large wheel spin. + they are standard rear mounts. id hate to think what it would look like standard mounts all round....

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #124 on: 26 October 2010, 23:33 »
That was quite a large wheel spin. + they are standard rear mounts. id hate to think what it would look like standard mounts all round....

i guess its cos i've never paid attention to how much movement an engine displays when wheelspinning  :laugh:

i remember you'd hockey pucked the front, but have you thought about a solid front mount? i have nothing bad to report so far (although i've done less than 50 miles on it)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #125 on: 26 October 2010, 23:35 »
Ive got nothing bad to report about one either after 15000 miles on it :P

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #126 on: 26 October 2010, 23:37 »
Ive got nothing bad to report about one either after 15000 miles on it :P

:grin:

cheeky bugger

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #127 on: 26 October 2010, 23:49 »
awesome. Love the video too :cool:
:)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #128 on: 28 October 2010, 20:15 »
Cheers mate

Well the last two days ive been to leeds and back (via birmingham) and i seem to have developed two issues.
The fans are on constantly, and seem to be at full pelt. Not normal speed like it would usualy.  The fix I had was to pull the fuse out when moving. Push it the fuse back in when sitting in traffic. wasnt fun I tell thee.  Not sure what the issue is. Nothing is bridging so making a circuit. Possibly faulty fan controller/ temp sender on the radiator?

The other issue is the battery light seems to flick on and off depending what kind of bumps I hit. Ive checked it all over and I cant find anything immediately wrong so thinking it could be a loose connection on the clocks/fusebox? Could well be a fault with the alternator.

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #129 on: 28 October 2010, 20:37 »
Cheers mate

Well the last two days ive been to leeds and back (via birmingham) and i seem to have developed two issues.
The fans are on constantly, and seem to be at full pelt. Not normal speed like it would usualy.  The fix I had was to pull the fuse out when moving. Push it the fuse back in when sitting in traffic. wasnt fun I tell thee.  Not sure what the issue is. Nothing is bridging so making a circuit. Possibly faulty fan controller/ temp sender on the radiator?

The other issue is the battery light seems to flick on and off depending what kind of bumps I hit. Ive checked it all over and I cant find anything immediately wrong so thinking it could be a loose connection on the clocks/fusebox? Could well be a fault with the alternator.

chuck a new radfan switch in, i got a febi one (3 inline pins) part number 01528. just screws in.

if the central pin is offset, get febi 10114

edit: avail here: http://www.vwspares.co.uk/corrado_cooling.php