Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 148200 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #90 on: 30 September 2010, 16:24 »
Just picked up golf+ mag this morning and found a nice little picture of my car in last months Prept Vs Players show report :)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #91 on: 30 September 2010, 17:24 »
Just picked up golf+ mag this morning and found a nice little picture of my car in last months Prept Vs Players show report :)

Pics or it didn't happed  :grin:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #92 on: 30 September 2010, 17:53 »
sort out your photobucket mert, you have exceeded bandwidth

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 01 October 2010, 00:55 »
Yeah i know. Not paying to have it lifted though!

Just for you, along with a photo of my car in pvw about 2 months ago. Pretty chuffed just even with these small pics!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 13 October 2010, 00:22 »

Step one in my engine bay cleaning complete. I have a LONG list of things i want to do when january comes round. The car will be coming off the road again, but hopefully i will be under a roof working in a proper garage, not my drive in the snow this time!!!

At the moment, the most expensive bit I can see being is some paint, but I need Shakey to PM me back! (hint haha) Everything else seems to be pretty inexpensive, but labout intensive. I wont reveal too much.

The wiper is staying off, and i have some plans for that to be sorted while the car isnt going any where also.

Stage one - Relocate washer bottle to boot. Complete. (must cut the mount off the turret later: (sorry for naff photo's)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 14 October 2010, 21:50 »
Had a set of VDO guages turn up yesterday.

Today i sorted out the wiring loom for them to run and also got a two pole oil pressure sender.

Does any one know how easy it is to change what colour they light up? They light up orange currently.

I need to cut my console up yet. That will happen tomorrow. I also need to figure out if the housing that came with it will fit into that space.

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #96 on: 14 October 2010, 22:00 »
Had a set of VDO guages turn up yesterday.

Today i sorted out the wiring loom for them to run and also got a two pole oil pressure sender.

Does any one know how easy it is to change what colour they light up? They light up orange currently.

I need to cut my console up yet. That will happen tomorrow. I also need to figure out if the housing that came with it will fit into that space.

you can get a single DIN sized backplate which will allow you to place 3 gauges in the existing stereo slot (who needs a stereo with the vr6 in front?). Or you can use a votex centre console which has extra DIN sized slots as standard.

SWG do both of these i believe.

BTW where do you wire the oil pressure sender? i have a gauge but it has no wiring or sender with it  :rolleyes:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #97 on: 14 October 2010, 22:03 »
Dial pod:
http://www.swgmotorsport.com/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=116

votex style console supplied with DIN blanking plates:
http://www.swgmotorsport.com/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=10

alternatively you can carve up a universal DIN cover plate:
http://www.motor-world.co.uk/index.cfm?product=95

£3.99 is better than £45!!

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 14 October 2010, 23:01 »
ive got a small plate with it so i will just use that for now.

Will see what comes of it tomorrow when I install it all.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 15 October 2010, 19:45 »
Well heres what happened today. I kinda liked the guages down in the console, but thought f**k it. I wanted to try my headunit down there so I went and done it :)

Im still yet to get the guages in and working. It took a little while to relocate the headunit. I need to get a Din sized plate for VDO guages. Any one got one that will fit into the original headunit space and looks factory? If not, i might have to fork out £40 for one at BBT :(

Some Pics: