Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 147625 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #30 on: 05 July 2010, 13:19 »
Thanks Guys.

Jolfa, il have to get some pictures for you - from the points i have seen so far it is along the crease above the  clocks (facing the window).
Im not too worried about it, the car is a daily so knew that the flock may not last any way.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 08 July 2010, 20:39 »
There's a nice little picture of me cleaning my car at Stoner Park Page 81 of PVW this month :)
Only a small picture but still chuffed none the less :)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 16 July 2010, 13:01 »
small update:

Had the centers from my wheels stolen from the car at Santa Pod for VAGFest. That was 50 quid down the drain just getting those ordered up to replace!

Since getting back, the car is feeling VERY underpowered and feels like its missing slightly. Got a new set of plugs on thier way to me. Thats another 40 quid.

Once that was sorted.... My right side sill decided to fall off and bend its self out of shape. Another 104 squiddies later, and I have a brand new set of sills for both sides ordered up.

I feel raped :(

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #33 on: 16 July 2010, 13:45 »
small update:

Had the centers from my wheels stolen from the car at Santa Pod for VAGFest. That was 50 quid down the drain just getting those ordered up to replace!

Since getting back, the car is feeling VERY underpowered and feels like its missing slightly. Got a new set of plugs on thier way to me. Thats another 40 quid.

Once that was sorted.... My right side sill decided to fall off and bend its self out of shape. Another 104 squiddies later, and I have a brand new set of sills for both sides ordered up.

I feel raped :(

yep those sill covers arent cheap!

I was quoted £37 +vat each sill cover
£3.40 each +vat for the self adhesive brackets (10 required in total)
£13 each +vat for the self adhesive strips

everything is still available through my local TPS though which is good news. I was able to re-use 5 brackets and obtain good condition 2nd hand sill covers...  so not too bad

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 16 July 2010, 13:55 »
Hah, yeah. Had a heart attack when they said you need 10 selfadhesive clips at 4.75 each. Figured 5 would suffice for now :p

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 16 July 2010, 13:56 »
Hah, yeah. Had a heart attack when they said you need 10 selfadhesive clips at 4.75 each. Figured 5 would suffice for now :p

then you take extra care sticking the covers back on... out of line and they aint coming off!!  :shocked:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 16 July 2010, 13:59 »
How did you put them on. Clip the clips on, and have the tape exposed then just fit it. Then just give the brakets a squeeze on the sill to make sure they are attached?

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 16 July 2010, 18:00 »
How did you put them on. Clip the clips on, and have the tape exposed then just fit it. Then just give the brakets a squeeze on the sill to make sure they are attached?

exactly this. i had a helper though, i got the mrs to hold the other end to make sure it went on 100% level.

another note, you'll see the small brackets clip into the long retaining strip when assembling them. you'll know what i mean when you come to it :afro:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 16 July 2010, 18:08 »
I know what you mean mate. Just want to make sure I dont put it back on pissed as it sounds like this adhesive they use is evil.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 19 July 2010, 00:51 »
Went up to my works office tonight, decided to drop into here for a quick few snaps as I had the camera on me.

Il upload the rest soon.