Author Topic: Car Stereo always on?! - Sorted now - read if u wanna see how :-)  (Read 8636 times)

Offline BSCR

• GTI forum regular
Re: Car Stereo always on?!
« Reply #20 on: 27 December 2007, 13:27 »
nah its kool man, just been out 4 a buzz in the car myself, need to get petrol soon but want to run it till empty so i get my MPG worked out, off to a meet tonight, well excited! lol

also got a few parts i want 2 buy so im gona investigate he prices   :cool:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 27 December 2007, 13:34 »
Sounds sweet mate. Ill be interested to know your mpg as i dont think mines doing too well atm! havent had a chance to work it out but i think its costing close to 25p a mile atm lol.

Went out and used the thingy on the battery again and there wasnt anything draining the battery today so i have no idea why the radio appeared to have been left on. Nevermind ill just see how it goes and may need a new battery in a couple of weeks if it keeps up.

Offline BSCR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 27 December 2007, 13:41 »
well i made a rough guess at 20mpg ish but ill do it proper when i fill it up, ill let u know

How much urs cost to fill from empty?

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 27 December 2007, 13:43 »
Not sure ive been filling up when it gets around the quater tank mark and it costs around £40. Slowly running out of money til payday so have only been putting £20 in lately lol.

Guessing it would be around £50 for a full tank :undecided: tesco was 99.9p a liter today so its dropped a lil bit.

How bout yours?

Offline BSCR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 27 December 2007, 13:58 »
Mine costs £50 from dry, and its still 101.9 here, or one place is 114.9 (screw that)

Offline Ruji

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Golf GTi 8v (96) Anniversary Edition
« Reply #25 on: 27 December 2007, 15:56 »
sory to butt in ur conversation fellas but just a point to add with regard to your stereo ignition problem...
i'v played with a fair few mk2's where ther is actually an ignition LIVE but on the other hand i'v also come across some of the earlier models that didnt have ignition LIVE's. Mite b worth checking your cigi lighter socket to see if that activates via ignition...if so...then you can always patch a wire from that live to use as your new Ignition LIVE.

other thing to try is if you are unable to identify an ignition from any of the spare wires from the butchered job from your multimeter...mite b worth goin over your fuses both inside the cabin and engine bay (if applicable) as it may have jus fused and the previous owner didnt think of checking fuses!???
Why pay big bucks when you can do it yourself???
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/rujiboy/WheelRefurbishmentProcess1.jpg
sig pic too large, see forum guidelines - admin

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #26 on: 27 December 2007, 17:26 »
Mite b worth checking your cigi lighter socket to see if that activates via ignition...if so...then you can always patch a wire from that live to use as your new Ignition LIVE.

Speaks the truth! I was out in colchester drivng last night. Didnt see you. DOH!

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 27 December 2007, 17:37 »
That is an idea actually, never thought of that cheers.

I wasnt out driving last night as my car wouldnt start in the day so decided to get wrecked lol.

Im out driving today if my batterys ok still! Maybe ill see you. Saw a mk3 gti at the lights in town earlier if that was you? Was a similar colour to the one in your sig and a P reg i think! :undecided:

Didnt think to look for a golfgti sticker in the window though :sad:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #28 on: 27 December 2007, 17:41 »
wasnt me, but im bored so i might go on a cruise, if your in town might see you. Have a bit of the play with the kids in the saxos at the lights. so em some poor 8v power. lol!

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 27 December 2007, 17:43 »
Sweet mate :) i'll be out for a while and recon ill do a few laps of the town for the mates in corsas lol :rolleyes:

flash me if you see me... dont get in trouble with the plod for it though not sure the rules on flashing ppl lol