Author Topic: Car Stereo always on?! - Sorted now - read if u wanna see how :-)  (Read 8639 times)

Offline Dec

• I live here
Re: Car Stereo always on?!
« Reply #10 on: 26 December 2007, 16:42 »
I hope it is!

if it isnt what are the options?

Sorry to be a bother :sad:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #11 on: 26 December 2007, 16:50 »
Um, if it isnt, then i wouldnt know where the wire would have to be connected to the ignition switch. BUT you could attach it to a positive of something else that comes on with the iginition.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 26 December 2007, 16:52 »
Sweet cheers mate :) ill be having a look in the morning as its dark now :sad:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #13 on: 26 December 2007, 17:17 »
indeed, its dark in colchester now! If you need a hand, might be able to help you out.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 27 December 2007, 10:09 »
Had a look behind my head unit and couldnt find a thing. Theres loads of wires and i havent got a clue where it would be.

Not going to bother tbh my dads being a prick and so he wont help me now so my cars gonna sit and rot :sad: My dad wont even let me charge the battery the thingy

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Offline BSCR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 27 December 2007, 10:22 »
Sorry to hear that, cant u jump it from ur mams? of get urself a battery charger, 20quid or so?

oh and its sort of on topic, did u order any JBL stuff? or go with another brand, got any info on what JBL is like, im lookin for some 6X4's

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 27 December 2007, 10:25 »
Nah she wont let me as she will get shouted at by him. Cant get a battery charger as he wouldnt let me charge it. Its my grans charger hes got as it is because he doesnt have a car one.

Didnt order any JBL stuff unfortunatly :sad: looking for somewhere to rent atm so havent got the spare cash :cry:

Offline BSCR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 27 December 2007, 10:46 »
Ah ryt i see, sorry 2 hear its not all groovy 4 u, u off 2 uni or just moving out?

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 27 December 2007, 10:50 »
moving out lol proberly going to leave college to get a full time job :sad:

been going sh!tty for ages now and cant be doing with it any more

But yer with my car out of action i cant just go away from it. My dads currently out on his bike for the last 2 hours running away from it all :angry:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 27 December 2007, 12:13 »
Ok its all calmed down a bit round mine now :laugh:

Went outside and tried starting my car again, started first time :S sometimes i think that its not the battery lol! was giving out 10.5v yesterday and my dad reconed that wasnt enough.

Anyway so i dashed out and got petrol and drove around for a bit and came back having left the house open. DOH!

Nevermind all is well here now. Ive turned on the powersave thing on my head unit and im going to use the meter thing to see if its helped at all.

If it has i wont worry about wiring it to the ignition but if its still the same then im gonna have to piss about tomorrow doing it :sad:

I might try and 'mod' one of the blank dash inserts into a switch if i can :undecided: might be easier than wiring to the ignition but we shall see tomorrow!

Sorry if i got rude in my angryness mate :embarassed:
« Last Edit: 27 December 2007, 12:14 by Dec MK2 »