Author Topic: mp3 headunits  (Read 6287 times)

Offline tobz.

• I live here
Re:mp3 headunits
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2004, 11:24 »
I also had the alpine CDA-9813R and would heartily recommend it. Initially had it installed just running a set of components in my shelf and the 60W built in amp is unbelievable. Once I completed my install and hooked up my amps and 15" sub the sound clarity and really tight bass was mind blowing. With really great sub control and built in crossover you can crank up the bass and still keep your crappy little dash speakers sounding crystal clear. The MP3 section of the unit is excellent with full scrolling track title, artist, album names etc etc. The only downside I found was that the folder search could be a little confusing unless you had everything well organised when you burnt the disc.
Unfortunately I only had the pleasure of my alpine for 6weeks before some thieving b@#tard screwdrivered my lock and cleared the lot out.
When I finally get myself set up with a new motor another CDA-9813R will be right up there on the shopping list just behind a set of armour plates and a decent alarm.

Toby

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

Offline Volkswagavin

• Not said much yet
Re:mp3 headunits
« Reply #21 on: 14 May 2004, 12:35 »
The Kenwood unit I have  (can't remember the model, but its a D-mask one from 2002 I think) 4090 or something....anyway, it'll only scroll the correct MP3 tag if you make them ID3v1 tags.  Trouble is, most of the MP3 rippers I've used on my PC are insistant on using ID3v2, which doesn't work on mine! I've downloaded a converter so I'll try burning another CD to see if it makes any difference.
Gav
Mk2 Golf GTI 8v - J reg