Author Topic: Blaupunkt THb200A active subwoofer speaker  (Read 7208 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Blaupunkt THb200A active subwoofer speaker
« on: 06 June 2010, 17:59 »
http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/thb200a-speaker

Has anyone fitted or had any experience with one of these?  Apparently they're not too OTT and compliment speakers nicely, and the fact you can fit it nearly anywhere and avoid filling the boot up is a maaaasive bonus!

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
Re: Blaupunkt THb200A active subwoofer speaker
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2010, 17:17 »
Bump

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2010, 21:04 »
I'll take the silence as a no then  :grin:

Offline Garza

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2010, 22:18 »
I have one fitted to the side of my boot, adds a subtle bit of punchy bass. Like you say, nothing OTT or really deep rumbly. I like it becuase it means I've got my whole boot space available still.

If you really want some good deep bass, then this isn't for you... but if it's just to compliment your existing speakers, then yup.

mk2 Golf GTi 8v '91 (201,004 miles) & mk5 Golf GT TDI 140

Offline Birksy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2010, 22:29 »
I reckon this might be what I'm after I'm just looking to get a bit of crispness rather than real punch and I don't want to spend megabucks..

Did you have any fitting problems?
It's been a long time since I rock and rolled

Offline Garza

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2010, 22:34 »
I reckon this might be what I'm after I'm just looking to get a bit of crispness rather than real punch and I don't want to spend megabucks..

Did you have any fitting problems?

No real problems really, just need to make sure you have something to secure it onto so it fits in the side of the boot.

Offline Birksy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2010, 16:38 »
No real problems really, just need to make sure you have something to secure it onto so it fits in the side of the boot.

Cheers Garza, I'm going to order this. Do I need anything else or is everything supplied?

Offline Garza

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2010, 17:50 »

Cheers Garza, I'm going to order this. Do I need anything else or is everything supplied?

ooh I believe it came with all the cables... but it was quite a while ago when I bought it. Best to check with whoever/wherever you're buying it from.

Offline Birksy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2010, 19:37 »
Right, I've had one of these delivered now and am planning my install and have a couple of general questions about installing a subwoofer.

1. Does the power need to be taken from the battery (therefore through the bulkhead somewhere) or can it be tapped into the HU power supply?

2. Are there any tricks in getting the wires from the boot to the HU?

3. Does anyone have an accurate wiring diagram for the RCD300? I've been looking at http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/VW-Wiring.pdf but it seems to be a bit out of date?

4. Are electrical wire connectors (the snap on type) the best way to tap into the existing HU wires?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Garza

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 21 July 2010, 22:06 »
Right, I've had one of these delivered now and am planning my install and have a couple of general questions about installing a subwoofer.

1. Does the power need to be taken from the battery (therefore through the bulkhead somewhere) or can it be tapped into the HU power supply?

2. Are there any tricks in getting the wires from the boot to the HU?

3. Does anyone have an accurate wiring diagram for the RCD300? I've been looking at http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/VW-Wiring.pdf but it seems to be a bit out of date?

4. Are electrical wire connectors (the snap on type) the best way to tap into the existing HU wires?

Thanks in advance.

1 & 2: Yep I took power straight from the battery and ran the power cable through the bulk head through any hole I found that was available.

3 & 4: sorry cant help there