Author Topic: MK6 Golf GTD 2012 Remap :laugh:  (Read 16498 times)

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
Re: MK6 Golf GTD 2012 Remap :laugh:
« Reply #20 on: 25 January 2014, 14:34 »
350 hp ????

The 535D Is 350hp not the GTD ;) i wish
My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Dad-Golf MK7.5 R Estate Pearlescent Black,Reversing Camera
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #21 on: 25 January 2014, 23:20 »
350 hp ????

535D's are epic. I want one  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 26 January 2014, 11:14 »
350 hp ????

535D's are epic. I want one  :lipsrsealed:

I thought about a 335d but it comes with a torque converter...the newer 8 speed auto in the F series gets good reviews.

Also the economy isn't that great. I can imagine traction will be a problem with those torque figures.

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 26 January 2014, 13:07 »

I thought about a 335d but it comes with a torque converter...the newer 8 speed auto in the F series gets good reviews.

Also the economy isn't that great. I can imagine traction will be a problem with those torque figures.
[/quote]

Dads car has got the 8 Speed ZF gearbox which is really good,i think he averages around 40mpg but he doesn't really drive it that hard once in a blue moon he will use the power,waste of time putting you foot down unless you are in third gear otherwise it just "spins spins spins"
My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 26 January 2014, 13:17 »

Dads car has got the 8 Speed ZF gearbox which is really good,i think he averages around 40mpg but he doesn't really drive it that hard once in a blue moon he will use the power,waste of time putting you foot down unless you are in third gear otherwise it just "spins spins spins"
[/quote]

Sorry thought it was E60. The F series will be more efficient and they are offering X drive in the UK for some models now which should make better use of the power :smiley:.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2014, 17:59 by Poached »

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 26 January 2014, 17:36 »
You can only get the new F series 335d in X Drive, not rwd option on this model currently.

Back to the OP, I wanted to have my old Leon FR remapped, never got it done sadly but it sounds a s though your pleased, has it made the mid range really punchy?
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Rossc0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 26 January 2014, 17:46 »
I was thinking about 535d and 335d at one stage, although the whole 'big turbo likes to eat the little turbo' thing put me off

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 26 January 2014, 19:30 »

Back to the OP, I wanted to have my old Leon FR remapped, never got it done sadly but it sounds a s though your pleased, has it made the mid range really punchy?
[/quote]

The best bit about the performance is the mid range but since having the remap done I've emailed the company to see if there is anything else they can do,fingers crossed having a dyno run next week with a custom map :)
I've been spoilt as I've driven a few new S3's at work and it's knocked my respect for the GTD :( grrrr

Audi Technician

Offline najam90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 27 January 2014, 11:38 »
I've had mine mapped by Revo and gotta say its an animal. The map is REALLY aggressive and I've lost nearly 6-7mpg. Power delivery is instant and mid range torque is unbelievable, no smoke or anything. Thinking of going for a stage 2 with a Miltek and DPF delete but really a bit sceptical about a diesel with an aftermarket exhaust as I've never heard one before?

A bit disappointed as I thought I'd get better mpg figures as that was my whole reason for buying a GTD....may as well have gone for a GTI now :(

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 27 January 2014, 12:45 »
I've had mine mapped by Revo and gotta say its an animal. The map is REALLY aggressive and I've lost nearly 6-7mpg. Power delivery is instant and mid range torque is unbelievable, no smoke or anything. Thinking of going for a stage 2 with a Miltek and DPF delete but really a bit sceptical about a diesel with an aftermarket exhaust as I've never heard one before?

A bit disappointed as I thought I'd get better mpg figures as that was my whole reason for buying a GTD....may as well have gone for a GTI now :(

If you are using the extra performance a lot, it stands to reason that your mpg will have suffered. The extra power has to be made using something, other than electronic witchcraft. Drive it normally and you will see mpg improvements compared to standard.

If you are thinking about further tuning and DPF deletion, bear in mind that the DPF will need to be in place for MOT's from later on this year.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.