Author Topic: MK6 Golf GTD 2012 Remap :laugh:  (Read 16494 times)

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
MK6 Golf GTD 2012 Remap :laugh:
« on: 24 January 2014, 19:18 »
Good Evening People

Just wanted to share my experience with regards to having my MK6 Golf Remapped.

I purchased the GTD in march and have been very happy with the performance and mpg but i don't think the performance is high enough for it to warrant a GTD badge as it isn't a Diesel GTI its more so a GT TDI.I have been toying with the idea of a remap for some time and so finally after doing my homework i had it remapped through a company my work use for Diesel Injector cleaning and other things.They don't give the biggest gains and they are not the smallest gains they are in the middle so a nice blend of  MPG/Performance.

A lot of people in the past have told me about MPG improvement and i have always been like ye ok sure its better,thinking what are they talking about but since the remap the MPG has gone up by around 7-9 on the motorway which is the most of my journey going to work and i think part of this is because of all the low end torque.Before if you wanted to overtake something you would have to drop from 6th to 4th but since the remap i can leave her in 6th and just foot to the floor and BYE BYE ;)

I understand what a fast diesel feels like as my father has a 535D 350+hp DMS package and that thing goes well but I'm still impressed with he performance of the GTD and it finally deserves to be called a GTD ;)

Best Bits

-No Smoke
-MPG Improvement
-Doesn't want to make you drive silly
-The power isn't in one place it is across the rev range
-Not a heavy remap so should be kind to the DPF

Also since the remap i have removed the sound actuator and that makes a difference

Any Questions please feel free to ask ;)

Ashley
My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Dad-Golf MK7.5 R Estate Pearlescent Black,Reversing Camera
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: MK6 Golf GTD 2012 Remap :laugh:
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2014, 19:38 »
I once went to remove my sound actuator and couldnt really find it, I know where its suppose to be but couldnt see it.

Plus my weather strip really didnt want to come up and removing wipers was a b!tch!!!
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2014, 19:39 »
Very good write up that  :smiley: I'm sure that will be interesting to a lot of people  :smiley:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2014, 19:41 »
I once went to remove my sound actuator and couldnt really find it, I know where its suppose to be but couldnt see it.

Plus my weather strip really didnt want to come up and removing wipers was a b!tch!!!

I didn't remove my wipers,just move them to 12 o'clock position then you get enough room to lift the trim above them :)
My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2014, 19:41 »
Very good write up that  :smiley: I'm sure that will be interesting to a lot of people  :smiley:

Thank You

Just want to help people to enjoy there GTD a little more

Audi Technician

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2014, 19:43 »

I didn't remove my wipers,just move them to 12 o'clock position then you get enough room to lift the trim above them :)

Make a video please  :cool:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2014, 19:45 »
Who did it? How much? I want one but at the mo the £300 plus carbonchip want is out of reach with new tyres,suspension and body shop

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2014, 19:51 »
Who did it? How much? I want one but at the mo the £300 plus carbonchip want is out of reach with new tyres,suspension and body shop

United Diesels
£280 but they did me a good discount as i work for Audi i think it should usually be £350-£375

Audi Technician

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2014, 19:52 »

Make a video please  :cool:

Ok ha
How do i upload a video onto the forum I'm a new boy

Audi Technician

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 January 2014, 20:28 »
Youtube and then link us to it  :smiley: