Author Topic: Difference?  (Read 4128 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: Difference?
« Reply #20 on: 06 September 2013, 21:26 »
Automotive dreams in birmingham have a 10 plate for £13500 go on vw site look at there second handers there out there bud  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 06 September 2013, 21:48 »
Have had mk5's and now mk6.  Though I loved the mk5, I'd say the mk6 is better all round car - more refined, much nicer interior and doesn't look dated (yet). 

Suppose it's a case of holding out for the right one that meets your spec and condition requirements.  Have you been looking long?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Adamp252

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 06 September 2013, 22:09 »
Oh right, what bhp is that Wigit? Yeah had a look Charlie, cat d, fort it was to good to be true lol, rang them up previously about another gti, rude, arrogant, dodgy ******
Yeah agree Booth11, I don't think it will be dated for about 10 years, been looking for about 7 months, hopefully I have found one, going to look on Sunday :)

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 September 2013, 22:45 »
Never bothered with the numbers Adam so who knows, I was always more interested in the handling mods which is why they are staying on

Offline Adamp252

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 06 September 2013, 22:50 »
Yeah I know what you mean mate, what have you done to the handling? And what engine mods? If you don't mind me asking?

Offline neils mk6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 06 September 2013, 22:54 »
hi ive had both 5 & 6 both great cars but the 6 shades it for sheer class & build , had mine two years & love it . 

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 06 September 2013, 23:08 »
i dont know, if you look hard yo can get a MK6 cheap. Got mine 59 plate from JCT600 Peugeot for £13,950 six months ago. Leathers, parking sensors, RNS510, 18" Monzas, Lux pack, Winter Pack etc...

Worth every penny, some small rattles which the MK5 also has. All can be fixed or suppressed.

Yes, ED30 and Pirelli are great, but 3-5 from now they will be very old and outdated. All depends what you want most....Power, Luxury, all rounded etc...

MK6 is the all round best one, just under powered to the ED30, but get a stage 1 map and you will be happy

Is yours a silver 5 door model by any chance,if it is you beat me to it?

Offline Adamp252

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 06 September 2013, 23:10 »
Alright Neil, yeah every1 is saying that, it's good to a review of everyone, the one I have seem has ACC and 3 other buttons there, ESP is one, any ideas?

Offline neils mk6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 06 September 2013, 23:14 »
 I could do with some help trying to find a induction kit for my mk6 gti 2010 bcs turbo back revo stage 1, any advice welcome ? cheers nelly

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 September 2013, 00:21 »
The interior of the 6 is a nicer place to be, with higher perceived quality of the plastics, but the 5 is actually better screwed together inside in my view - more screws & clips etc

Paint is vastly better on my 5 than 6.
The 6 is peppered with tiny chips and the soft paint scuffs at the merest hint of anything touching it...the 5 is twice as old, has never been polished and has a far better coat of paint, that chips less, is less orange-peely and more resistant to scuffs.
Oh, and the 5 has a better coat of paint on the areas you don't initially see.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.