Author Topic: starting to wish I still had my mk 5  (Read 1886 times)

Offline adw555

• Here all the time
starting to wish I still had my mk 5
« on: 05 August 2009, 22:19 »
so have had the car a week now and so far had the following faults :

1. Small light scratch on front bumper - dealer did its best to remove it. Still a trace in certain light. Offered to put a new bumper on.
2. Two tiny tears in the back of the leather on the driver seat - New seat ordered.
3. Occassionally when I come to a stop the revs don't drop back to the normal 800...instead sit at 1000/1200..no faults logged so dealer not sure what do.

The last issue bugs me more......almost was going to ask to take my old car back and get as much of the difference I paid for the mk 6...starting to hate the new car.....shame cos it should be great...guess I got a sh*t one  :sad:

Offline gossa

• I live here
Re: starting to wish I still had my mk 5
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2009, 22:31 »
Mate, the car is awesome, don't be too dramatic but I would be pi$$ed off too if i were you.

if they offered a new bumper take it, ask for a new seat immediately out of another car and demand they sort out the revs or ask for another car.

Don't put up with cr@p at the price we've paid mate but don't give up on a great car either.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2009, 22:38 »
If there tec has no clue about the revs take it to another VW dealer that has a tec who actually has a clue, as he/she with any fault finding skills will use old mechanic skills to trace which sensor is not quite right. Just because a computer says no it does not meens theres no fault, I hate the type of Tecs who are the trained monkey types who learned out of a book and have no real fault finding skills.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2009, 22:40 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2009, 23:01 »
I'd hate to be going through what you are just now. i hope you get it sorted soon. If you have had these probs already I would personally start to ask for a new car as that has the classic makings of being a problem car, not the car being problematic mechanically, just that its one thing after the other. As your wishing for your mk5 back  :sick: It sounds like you may never be fully happy/satisfied with that car you have.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2009, 23:14 »
adw555, dont be disheartened. I feel for you. Mine arrived with a bad scratch on the rear bumper. The dealers repaired it and I found another damage on the other side which was not there before. The dealer then changed the whole bumper for me without me asking.

There will be some knicks and some small damages here and there... I found out later that there was some minor damage to the steering wheel too but its too small for me to make an issue out of it though. And I think I have resolved it with some leather polish.

The car is great and the rev issue is prolly some sensor or settings thats not quite right. Hope the techies will resolve it soon. Anything new needs a little time to iron out all its kinks... sometimes we are lucky and get everything perfect...

Wishing you all the best...
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2009, 12:27 »
Got to agree with gossa.  Dont take any crap
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"