Author Topic: What Car Hot Hatch test  (Read 12668 times)

Offline adw555

• Here all the time
What Car Hot Hatch test
« on: 15 July 2009, 14:18 »
This month's edition has a Hot hatch Super Test ..

New GTI comes in first....just pips Focus RS  :smiley:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: What Car Hot Hatch test
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2009, 14:31 »
Got any more info from it ? little snippets, or quotes etc ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2009, 14:37 »
Oooh, must find newsagent, must buy!!  :cool:

Rolfe.

Offline adw555

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2009, 14:43 »
sorry...just noticed it on the way out of Sainsburys at lunchtime....queue was too long at the time to buy it...so just had a quick glance at the last page...will get it on the way home.

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2009, 14:47 »
No surprise there then
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2009, 15:09 »
Wow this could be one of those rare occasions I buy what car. I always thought of this as a consumer mag rather than an enthusiasts mag.  Maybe its a sign of getting older that the car I want is a what car fave!
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2009, 15:21 »
I don't think I've bought a copy since I used it to choose the Peugeot, in 1997!

I was going to buy it again this time, because I found it useful just to run my finger down the column of a particular spec and pick out those cars that fitted the bill - that way I knew I'd got the lot and hadn't missed an obscure possibility.  Well, OK, it was the 0-60 rating I was running my finger down.  That's how I got the short list, the Peugeot and the Golf GTi (don't know which model it would have been in 1997).

I thought actually that there might be a web site that would let you enter your basic requirements (body style, number of doors, lower MPG limit, upper 0-60 limit or whatever), then present you with a list of cars fitting these specs, but I couldn't find anything.  Maybe I missed something?

So I was going to buy What Car and start running my fingers down columns again.  But then I got seduced by the Golf, and decided, this time you're having it!

Quite fancy buying it if it's going to confirm my prejudices though!

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2009, 15:38 »
I'll pick it up too.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2009, 16:17 »
Wonder how much VW slipped the road testers........?  :grin:

Not that I'm cynical or anything!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2009, 16:36 »