Author Topic: 034Motorsport Billet Aluminium MQB Dogbone Mount Insert.  (Read 3737 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: 034Motorsport Billet Aluminium MQB Dogbone Mount Insert.
« Reply #10 on: 14 March 2018, 15:02 »
Does the CSS use the standard mount? After all of the bespoke suspension fitted, I would have expected upgraded mounts to be part of the spec?

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 March 2018, 15:06 »
The subframe is from an S3 and the front uprights are bespoke but otherwise more or less the same.

Been under the car and mine looks like version 2
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline sharper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 14 March 2018, 23:26 »
Tried one on my 7.5R and the NVH was awful. The whole shook on start-up.  Removed it a couple of weeks later and the difference was shocking. SuperPro engine mounts are the way to go if you don’t want increased NVH but they’re not cheap.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 15 March 2018, 10:32 »
I had power flex ones on my mk6 and the vibration when staring up from cold was worse and occasionally dying driving

I removed the poly bush and trimmed some of the edges off and drilled a Few holes in it and it was spot on
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 15 March 2018, 18:19 »
I the aluminium insert, but I find I still get wheel hop occasionally so I am thinking of getting one of these:

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/racingline-performance/racingline-lower-engine-mount/
Old, but a serial modder!

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #15 on: 15 March 2018, 19:29 »
I the aluminium insert, but I find I still get wheel hop occasionally so I am thinking of getting one of these:

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/racingline-performance/racingline-lower-engine-mount/

Mine does still occasionally wheel hop with the 034 insert in, if you do get the racing line one you'll have to let us all know how good it is.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1