Author Topic: Cracked Panroof surround TCR  (Read 7435 times)

Offline ADC74

• Not said much yet
Re: Cracked Panroof surround TCR
« Reply #30 on: 11 August 2020, 22:04 »
Well I'm now the proud owner of a 20 plate GTI.
Managed to get the colour I originally wanted, isacc blue, & it is simply a stunning colour that really suits the mk7.5 GTI.
Happily, this car doesn't have the pan roof but I'm definitely missing the dynaudio....wasn't able to spec this as the car had already been built.
Hopefully those who have had or are having issues with their pan roofs manage to get a better outcome than I did

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 12 August 2020, 17:57 »
Got the pan roof fixed and seems to be a perfect job at last !
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 12 August 2020, 18:30 »
Well I'm now the proud owner of a 20 plate GTI.
Managed to get the colour I originally wanted, isacc blue, & it is simply a stunning colour that really suits the mk7.5 GTI.
Happily, this car doesn't have the pan roof but I'm definitely missing the dynaudio....wasn't able to spec this as the car had already been built.
Hopefully those who have had or are having issues with their pan roofs manage to get a better outcome than I did

Glad you are happy, post some pictures up!

Got the pan roof fixed and seems to be a perfect job at last !

Excellent news! Mine goes in in around 3 weeks, fingers crossed all goes well. And lets hope it's a permanent fix, that's my main concern.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline DaveA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 12 August 2020, 21:25 »
Update...
Basically I've now rejected the car due mainly to the poor standard of the roof repair (and numerous other issues) Currently in the process of ordering a replacement which, apparently, is due into the country within the next few weeks.
The car has been reserved, just waiting on approval for the swap via VW...and this car won't have the Pan Roof, just think after reading numerous stories now & my own experience then this is an option best avoided.

How difficult/easy did you find the rejection process...? Were/are you with VW Financial Services..?

Appreciate if you'd rather not comment...

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 23 August 2020, 07:32 »
The repair which I thought was perfect wasn’t so perfect after a few days
The glass surround along the drivers side came loose , it obviously didn’t bond properly!
So car has gone back in to be repaired again
See what happens !
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.