Author Topic: Cracked Panroof surround TCR  (Read 7441 times)

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
Cracked Panroof surround TCR
« on: 21 March 2020, 16:20 »
Hi Folks
I just noticed that the black glass trim that surrounds the panroof on my TCR is cracked on the passenger side all the way across say 3 inches from side to side
No sign of damage from a stone or anything
Anyone seen this before , will warranty cover it , will it cause a leak , can it be repaired with filler even ?
Any help appreciated
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Cracked Panroof surround TCR
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2020, 16:34 »
OP, can you upload an image please? Mine is in the attached thread posted helpfully by Guzzle. My dealer is replacing the panel but expect some reluctance to help as VW don't guarantee trim apparently :rolleyes:. If yours is in the same position it'll strengthen your case.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2020, 17:08 »
It’s the Same position I’ll try to upload the picture
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2020, 17:13 »
I’m in ROI so be interesting to see what VW Ireland have to say

Offline ADC74

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2020, 21:41 »
My GTI is currently in with VW having the surround replaced for the same reason. Brand new car only purchased end of February, noticed the crack 7 days later during first wash.
Apparently VW can't fit the actual surround as it has to be done by a windscreen fitter, they have had the car for a week already & car won't be ready to be collected until next Wednesday .... 11 days in total

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2020, 11:17 »
11 days wow , well at least it’s being done - hopefully they will sort mine under warranty - thanks for the info
I’ve no idea how to post a picture !

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2020, 12:10 »
To post a picture you need to use a host site. Many available, I use postimage.org. Set up an account, upload your picture and from the lines of code copy the hotlink for forums into your post.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 22 March 2020, 13:36 »
I use imgbb, don’t need to sign up, upload the pics, select copy B.B. full image and away you go

Offline ADC74

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 24 March 2020, 19:41 »
Quick update - recieved a call from the VW dealership this morning saying the surround had been ordered but was delivered to London. When trying to reorder the part VW have informed them that all mk7.5 pan roof surrounds are now on back order.
I was then informed that due to the COVID-19 situation that the showroom was to be closed with immediate effect & that if things progress (which they inevitably will) then it's possible the whole dealership will close.
So I've collected the car without the repair being completed & will rebook when it becomes possible to do so.